FIFA Bans Luis Suarez for 4 Months
Uruguay’s Luis Suarez has received a 4-month ban, including 9 international matches, as well as a EUR 82,000 fine for biting Giorgio Chiellini during the World Cup.
World football’s governing body FIFA announced on Thursday that Suarez will be suspended for 9 official matches of his country, as well as any football-related activity in the next 4 months. The punishment comes after Suarez allegedly bit Giorgio Chiellini of Italy during Tuesday’s World Cup match.
“Such behaviour cannot be tolerated on any football pitch, and in particular not at a FIFA World Cup when the eyes of millions of people are on the stars on the field. The Disciplinary Committee took into account all the factors of the case and the degree of Mr Su?rez’s guilt in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Code”, FIFA’s statement read.
This will be Suarez’s third disciplinary punishment for biting an opponent player. Although the Uruguayan FA and the player can appeal the ban, it goes into effect immediately, which means he would miss Saturday’s 1/8 final match against Colombia.
- » Antoaneta Boneva Wins Silver Medal at ISSF World Cup in Munich
- » Kubrat Pulev to Fight For IBF Heavyweight title within 10 Months
- » Dimitar Berbatov: 'We are Trying to Surprise People in All Possible Ways'
- » Grigor Dimitrov Only A Step Away From TOP 10
- » Boryana Kaleyn 4th in the Rhythmic Gymnastics All-Around in Portugal
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Drops Out of Internazionali BNL d’Italia Tournament