Environment Ministry Warns of Potential Floods
Bulgaria's Environment Ministry warns of possible rising of river levels in the Danube catchment and central Bulgaria due to heavy rains and release of reservoirs.
There is risk of local flash floods, said the Ministry.
Local authorities in the potentially affected areas have been alerted to take precautions and observe the water levels in the rivers and the reservoirs.
Owners and keepers of reservoirs have been warned to release water in a control manner, so the facilities can take in the incoming extra quantites.
- » Train Crash in Germany Leaves at Least Several Dead
- » Egypt's 'Indiana Jones' to Reveal Details of Tutankhamun's Death in Sofia Lecture
- » Romanian Man Dies in Skiing Accident in Bulgaria’s Bansko
- » Two Migrants Die from Cold Exposure near Bulgaria’s Border with Turkey
- » Magnitude-3.0 Earthquake Shakes Bulgaria’s Smolyan Region
- » Bulgaria Warns of Potentially Dangerous Rainfall in Burgas Region