Environment Ministry Warns of Potential Floods
Bulgaria's Environment Ministry warns of possible rising of river levels in the Danube catchment and central Bulgaria due to heavy rains and release of reservoirs.
There is risk of local flash floods, said the Ministry.
Local authorities in the potentially affected areas have been alerted to take precautions and observe the water levels in the rivers and the reservoirs.
Owners and keepers of reservoirs have been warned to release water in a control manner, so the facilities can take in the incoming extra quantites.
- » Anti-Discrimination Protest to Be Held in Sofia over 'Racist Remarks' of Gov't
- » Cyprus Returns Smuggled Jewellery Items to Bulgaria
- » Maglizh Ammo Plant Blast Caused by Breakdown - Interior Ministry
- » Bulgarian Ammo Plant Blast Leaves 1 Dead, 3 Wounded, Officials Confirm
- » Bulgarian MPs Pass BGN 3 B Healthcare Budget
- » Protesters Demand Resignation of Bulgaria's Finance Minister