Environment Ministry Warns of Potential Floods
Bulgaria's Environment Ministry warns of possible rising of river levels in the Danube catchment and central Bulgaria due to heavy rains and release of reservoirs.
There is risk of local flash floods, said the Ministry.
Local authorities in the potentially affected areas have been alerted to take precautions and observe the water levels in the rivers and the reservoirs.
Owners and keepers of reservoirs have been warned to release water in a control manner, so the facilities can take in the incoming extra quantites.
- » Shootout Outside US NSA Building Appears ‘Local Criminal Matter’
- » Another Six Pelicans Die at Bulgaria's Srebarna Nature Reserve
- » One Shot Dead, One Injured in Gate-Crashing Attack at US’ NSA HQ
- » Two Injured at US’ National Security Agency HQ Gates, Shots Fired - Reports
- » Bulgarian National TV Begins Preparations for Hosting Junior Eurovision
- » Identity of Child Found Murdered in Suitcase Now Established