Environment Ministry Warns of Potential Floods
Bulgaria's Environment Ministry warns of possible rising of river levels in the Danube catchment and central Bulgaria due to heavy rains and release of reservoirs.
There is risk of local flash floods, said the Ministry.
Local authorities in the potentially affected areas have been alerted to take precautions and observe the water levels in the rivers and the reservoirs.
Owners and keepers of reservoirs have been warned to release water in a control manner, so the facilities can take in the incoming extra quantites.
- » 61% of Bulgarians Have Not Heard of Armenian Genocide in Ottoman Empire
- » Hundreds Protest, Demand Resignation of Bulgarian Culture Minister
- » EU Grant Sponsors Restoration of Bulgaria's Perperikon
- » Sentimental Swingers to Present New Album in Sofia
- » Ros Rossin's Portrait of Maya Angelou Featured on US Postage Stamp
- » Cities Across Bulgaria-Turkey Border at Odds over Park Name