Bulgarian Govt to Raise Teachers’ Minimum Salaries
As of September 1, the minimum salaries of Bulgarian teachers, school principals, and pedagogical experts will be increased by 3-6%, the Ministry of Education revealed.
The minimum salary for young teachers and pedagogical assistants will become BGN 530, for senior teachers BGN 555, and for the most experienced, BGN 590. School principals will receive no less than BGN 680, while their deputies’ salaries will start from BGN 630, Dnevnik.bg informed.
“With these changes we want to bring back the trust in Bulgarian teachers, and to send a signal to society that the teacher is the most important factor in the education process. Even the most modernly equipped classrooms cannot do that, which a dedicated teacher can”, Education Minister Aneliya Klisarova commented.
- » Bulgaria is First in the EU by the Number of Women Working in the IT Sector
- » Ministers Vote on the Amount of University Fees
- » Sofia University will Аccept Students in the Specialty "Medicine"
- » Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski is Ranked 855th in the World by URAP
- » A Bomb in a Backpack was Disarmed during a Teaching in Burgas School
- » Bulgarian Students from 1st to 7th Grade will have Access to Electronically Readable Textbooks