Bulgarian Govt to Raise Teachers’ Minimum Salaries
As of September 1, the minimum salaries of Bulgarian teachers, school principals, and pedagogical experts will be increased by 3-6%, the Ministry of Education revealed.
The minimum salary for young teachers and pedagogical assistants will become BGN 530, for senior teachers BGN 555, and for the most experienced, BGN 590. School principals will receive no less than BGN 680, while their deputies’ salaries will start from BGN 630, Dnevnik.bg informed.
“With these changes we want to bring back the trust in Bulgarian teachers, and to send a signal to society that the teacher is the most important factor in the education process. Even the most modernly equipped classrooms cannot do that, which a dedicated teacher can”, Education Minister Aneliya Klisarova commented.
- » 4506 Cases of Harassment and Bullying have been Registered in Schools in Bulgaria
- » Over 17,000 Children were Brought Back to Class in Bulgaria
- » Municipalities Receive over BGN 440 000 for Education from the State Budget
- » Key Topic of BG EU Presidency: Modernization and Innovations in Teaching Methods
- » The MES will Try Move All Students into One Shift by 2021
- » Students From the EU 'to get £13,000 Brexit Loans From the UK