Bulgarian Govt to Raise Teachers’ Minimum Salaries
As of September 1, the minimum salaries of Bulgarian teachers, school principals, and pedagogical experts will be increased by 3-6%, the Ministry of Education revealed.
The minimum salary for young teachers and pedagogical assistants will become BGN 530, for senior teachers BGN 555, and for the most experienced, BGN 590. School principals will receive no less than BGN 680, while their deputies’ salaries will start from BGN 630, Dnevnik.bg informed.
“With these changes we want to bring back the trust in Bulgarian teachers, and to send a signal to society that the teacher is the most important factor in the education process. Even the most modernly equipped classrooms cannot do that, which a dedicated teacher can”, Education Minister Aneliya Klisarova commented.
- » School Teachers in Bulgaria Decreased by 70 % in Past Fifteen Years
- » Bulgarian Parliament Begins Debate on Vocational Elements in Education
- » Minister Pledges New Education Act, Substantial Increase in Teacher Salaries
- » Bulgarian Academy of Sciences to Receive EUR 237 M for Research for 5 Years
- » Bulgarian Students Call Protest, Demand Resignations
- » Bulgaria Has Too Many Universities - Education Minister