Bulgarian Govt to Raise Teachers’ Minimum Salaries
As of September 1, the minimum salaries of Bulgarian teachers, school principals, and pedagogical experts will be increased by 3-6%, the Ministry of Education revealed.
The minimum salary for young teachers and pedagogical assistants will become BGN 530, for senior teachers BGN 555, and for the most experienced, BGN 590. School principals will receive no less than BGN 680, while their deputies’ salaries will start from BGN 630, Dnevnik.bg informed.
“With these changes we want to bring back the trust in Bulgarian teachers, and to send a signal to society that the teacher is the most important factor in the education process. Even the most modernly equipped classrooms cannot do that, which a dedicated teacher can”, Education Minister Aneliya Klisarova commented.
- » Teachers Approved 256 Schoolbooks
- » 351 Candidate Students From Traditional Bulgarian Communities Choose Bulgaria to Continue Their Education
- » Bulgarian Students Won 12 Medals at Prestigious International Math Olympiads
- » Minimum Wage For Bulgarian Teachers to be BGN 836 as of September 1
- » One Gold and Three Bronze Medals for Bulgarian Team in a Prestigious Competition for Informatics in Tehran
- » Remarkable Success for Bulgarian National Biology Team in UK