Bulgarian Govt to Raise Teachers’ Minimum Salaries
As of September 1, the minimum salaries of Bulgarian teachers, school principals, and pedagogical experts will be increased by 3-6%, the Ministry of Education revealed.
The minimum salary for young teachers and pedagogical assistants will become BGN 530, for senior teachers BGN 555, and for the most experienced, BGN 590. School principals will receive no less than BGN 680, while their deputies’ salaries will start from BGN 630, Dnevnik.bg informed.
“With these changes we want to bring back the trust in Bulgarian teachers, and to send a signal to society that the teacher is the most important factor in the education process. Even the most modernly equipped classrooms cannot do that, which a dedicated teacher can”, Education Minister Aneliya Klisarova commented.
- » Cabinet Allocates BGN 300 000 to Global Libraries – Bulgaria Project
- » Bulgaria's Universities Hold Chinese Language Competition
- » Bulgarian PM Appoints New Deputy Education Minister
- » Bulgaria to Work for Lifelong Learning System
- » Bulgaria Has 'No Problem' with Burqas - Education Min
- » Bulgaria Expands Quota for University Students from Bulgarian Diaspora