Bulgarian Govt to Raise Teachers’ Minimum Salaries
As of September 1, the minimum salaries of Bulgarian teachers, school principals, and pedagogical experts will be increased by 3-6%, the Ministry of Education revealed.
The minimum salary for young teachers and pedagogical assistants will become BGN 530, for senior teachers BGN 555, and for the most experienced, BGN 590. School principals will receive no less than BGN 680, while their deputies’ salaries will start from BGN 630, Dnevnik.bg informed.
“With these changes we want to bring back the trust in Bulgarian teachers, and to send a signal to society that the teacher is the most important factor in the education process. Even the most modernly equipped classrooms cannot do that, which a dedicated teacher can”, Education Minister Aneliya Klisarova commented.
- » Deputy Prime Minister: 'The State Should Encourage Young People to Stay in the Country'
- » Bulgarian Science to Reach The World Level by 2030, The Deputies Voted
- » Foreign Students of Bulgaria Descent with Access to Bulgarian Universities
- » Bulgarian Teachers to Receive 15% Pay Rise This Fall
- » Children From I to XII Grade in Bulgarian Schools Abroad Could be Taught in Bulgarian Language
- » NSI: Museum Visits in 2016 Have Increased by 9.8%