Bulgaria's Car Thieves Prefer Older Cheaper Cars
Over 60% of the cars stolen in Bulgaria since the beginning of 2014, are cars of 10 years or older, of modest makes, shows Interior Ministry statistics.
Usually they do not have a CASCO insurance and the entire loss is covered by the owner, reports the Nova TV national channel.
Insurance companies confirm the police data for increasing thefts of older cheaper cars. According to them, they are usually stolen for parts.
Official data shows that each year in Bulgaria are stolen an average of over 3000 cars.
- » ECHR Sentences Bulgaria over Violation of Inmates' Right to Free Speech
- » Bulgarian Defense Ministry Officials under Abeyance Probe
- » Aghan Man Blamed for Bulgarian Flag Desecration to Stay in Custody
- » Nineteen Migrants Indicted in Bulgaria over Harmanli Riots
- » 30% of Women in Bulgaria Victims of Violence
- » 110 Kg of Marijuana Discovered at Danube Bridge 2