Bulgaria's Car Thieves Prefer Older Cheaper Cars
Over 60% of the cars stolen in Bulgaria since the beginning of 2014, are cars of 10 years or older, of modest makes, shows Interior Ministry statistics.
Usually they do not have a CASCO insurance and the entire loss is covered by the owner, reports the Nova TV national channel.
Insurance companies confirm the police data for increasing thefts of older cheaper cars. According to them, they are usually stolen for parts.
Official data shows that each year in Bulgaria are stolen an average of over 3000 cars.
- » New Armed Robbery Taped in Sofia, Released on Facebook
- » Bulgarian Customs Seize Estimated BGN 15 M Worth of Smuggled Anabolic Steroids
- » Police Dismantle Criminal Group Stealing Luxury Cars in Bulgaria
- » Plovdiv Appellate Court Upholds Detention of Imam Accused of Preaching Radical Islam
- » Bulgarian Police Busts Group of VAT Fraudsters
- » Bulgarian Customs Seize 2.7 kg Cocaine from Venezuelan Citizen