Bulgaria's Car Thieves Prefer Older Cheaper Cars
Over 60% of the cars stolen in Bulgaria since the beginning of 2014, are cars of 10 years or older, of modest makes, shows Interior Ministry statistics.
Usually they do not have a CASCO insurance and the entire loss is covered by the owner, reports the Nova TV national channel.
Insurance companies confirm the police data for increasing thefts of older cheaper cars. According to them, they are usually stolen for parts.
Official data shows that each year in Bulgaria are stolen an average of over 3000 cars.
- » Ex Svilengrad Customs Office Chief Released on Bail
- » Bulgarian Police Busts Burglary Ring
- » Secretary of Bulgarian Anti-Human Trafficking Commission Charged with Corruption
- » Bulgaria’s Security, Technical OPS Agencies Report Increase in Surveillance Equipment Requests
- » Bulgaria Strategically Situated along Balkan Drug Trafficking Route – US Department of State
- » Bulgaria Seizes 11 Kg Heroin in Serbia-Registered Car