Bulgaria's Car Thieves Prefer Older Cheaper Cars
Over 60% of the cars stolen in Bulgaria since the beginning of 2014, are cars of 10 years or older, of modest makes, shows Interior Ministry statistics.
Usually they do not have a CASCO insurance and the entire loss is covered by the owner, reports the Nova TV national channel.
Insurance companies confirm the police data for increasing thefts of older cheaper cars. According to them, they are usually stolen for parts.
Official data shows that each year in Bulgaria are stolen an average of over 3000 cars.
- » Bulgarian Police Bust Crime Group Making Fake Passports for Migrants
- » Bomb Threats Close All Banks in Bulgaria's Razgrad
- » Embezzelement Trial against Bulgarian Consultancy Head Suspended
- » Man Who Joked about Bomb on Polish Plane Released on Bail
- » Bulgaria Court to Decide on Arrest of Polish Man over Plane Bomb 'Joke'
- » EU Sofia Heating Utility Boss Gets Final 3-Year Sentence