Bulgaria's Car Thieves Prefer Older Cheaper Cars
Over 60% of the cars stolen in Bulgaria since the beginning of 2014, are cars of 10 years or older, of modest makes, shows Interior Ministry statistics.
Usually they do not have a CASCO insurance and the entire loss is covered by the owner, reports the Nova TV national channel.
Insurance companies confirm the police data for increasing thefts of older cheaper cars. According to them, they are usually stolen for parts.
Official data shows that each year in Bulgaria are stolen an average of over 3000 cars.
- » Sofia Central Bus Station Evacuated Over Unattended Luggage
- » Balkan Drug Lord Dragoslav Kosmajac Arrested in Montenegro
- » Sofia City Court Adjourns First Hearing in Ataka Leader Case
- » Ataka Leader Volen Siderov Faces Prosecution Over Hooliganism
- » Identity of Bulgaria's Sarafovo Bomber Revealed
- » Prosecution Finds 'No Evidence' BGN 206 M Taken from KTB in Sacks