Sofia Municipality Sends Humanitarian Aid to Varna
Bulgaria's Sofia will provide humanitarian aid to the flooded Black Sea city of Varna, the Sofia Municipal Council decided, Thursday.
Experts from the Sofia municipality will help to assess the damage caused by the devastating floods that hit Varna last week. The financial aid amounts to BGN 30,000, deputy mayor for finance Doncho Barbalov told Bulgaria's National Radio.
"The aid is divided into several groups. One part of the aid is the provision of disinfectant materials, which we know are very much needed in these areas. The second part concerns the help of the experts who will assess the damage. And the third type of assistance are the 15 volunteers from Sofia Municipality who will help in the flood-hit areas. Sofia municipality has a volunteer unit, and we hope that our people are well prepared and will do everything possible to help the people in affected areas," Barbalov said.
- » Bulgarian Red Cross Raising Funds over Hitrino Train Disaster
- » High Speed 'Main Hypothesis' for Hitrino Train Blast
- » Emergency Declared in Bulgaria's Hitrino over Gas Exposure
- » Bulgarian Authorities Warn of Complications after Train Blast in Hitrino
- » Bulgaria's Hitrino Braces for Cleanup after Tragic Blast
- » Death Toll of Bulgaria's Hitrino Blast Rises to 7