Sofia Municipality Sends Humanitarian Aid to Varna
Bulgaria's Sofia will provide humanitarian aid to the flooded Black Sea city of Varna, the Sofia Municipal Council decided, Thursday.
Experts from the Sofia municipality will help to assess the damage caused by the devastating floods that hit Varna last week. The financial aid amounts to BGN 30,000, deputy mayor for finance Doncho Barbalov told Bulgaria's National Radio.
"The aid is divided into several groups. One part of the aid is the provision of disinfectant materials, which we know are very much needed in these areas. The second part concerns the help of the experts who will assess the damage. And the third type of assistance are the 15 volunteers from Sofia Municipality who will help in the flood-hit areas. Sofia municipality has a volunteer unit, and we hope that our people are well prepared and will do everything possible to help the people in affected areas," Barbalov said.
- » Bulgaria's National Art Gallery Square 500 Hosts Indonesian Batik, Bali Art Exhibition
- » Abundant Rainfall Causes Flooding in Bulgaria's Kazanlak
- » Three Injured After Mass Fight Between Migrants in Sofia
- » Heavy Traffic Expected Across Bulgaria as Long Weekend Comes to End
- » Bulgaria Celebrates Day of Education, Culture, Slavonic Alphabet
- » Egypt Sends Submarine to Find Missing Flight MS804’s Black Boxes