Bulgarian Beer Among the Cheapest in the World
Bulgarians are lucky to drink some of the cheapest beers in the world at an average price of USD 0.78 per bottle.
The country ranks 10th worldwide in terms of beer prices, however beer consumption in Bulgaria is low, as an average Bulgarian would spend USD 119.81 a year, according to a survey of FinancesOnline comparing beer prices around the world.
Central/Eastern Europe and Southeast Asia offer the cheapest beers, and Vietnam and Ukraine are the winners with beer at USD 0.59 per bottle. Other beer-friendly countries include: Cambodia, Czech Republic, China, Serbia, and Panama.
The most expensive beers are found in Iran where a bottle of ale costs USD 7.71.
On average Americans pay USD 356 a yer per beer and Australians spend the most – USD 748, the survey shows.
Three of the four most-sold beers in the world are Chinese. Among the top ten best selling beers worldwide are Budweiser, Heineken, American and Brazilian brands.
- » Alexander Nevsky Cathedral to Remain Open All Night on Sunday
- » Bulgarian Police Estimate 20 000 Drivers Have No Licenses
- » Bulgaria Celebrates 140 Years Since April Uprising
- » Bulgarians Celebrate Orthodox Easter
- » Heavy Traffic Across Bulgaria Set to Continue on Good Friday
- » Heavy Traffic Across Bulgaria as People Embark on Trips for Easter
Hi! I just wanted to say thanks so much for referring to our beer infographic for this story.
However, I've noticed that you did not credit us as the authors and source of the story. You're welcome to republish it, but since it's our intellectual property please make sure you give us, the authors at financesonline.com, a proper credit. Otherwise, we'd like to request that you take down this post.
Hope that's ok.