The Floods Scared Off the Seaside Tourists
The recent disastrous floods in the north eastern parts of Bulgaria led to reservation cancellations, said Economy Ministry, quoted by the bTV national channel.
The hotel owners along the coast are already calculating the expected losses as some Russian tourists already started cancelling their vacations.
The Institute for Analysis of Tourism expects a 60% drop in the popular in the past few years weekend seaside trips – both of Bulgarians, but also of the neighbouring countries Serbia, Romania and Macedonia. According to preliminary data the tourists prefer Greece and Turkey, mostly because of the bad weather in Bulgaria.
So far there are no cancellations from tourists from the west European countries who have planned their vacations well in advance.
According to the officials of the Economy Ministry the TV footage, grossly exaggerated in their opinion, scared off the tourists and would affect the season.
“Of course when people who had reservations for those resorts, saw the footage, they started thinking of cancelling them and going someplace else,” Anelia Genova of the Economy Ministry told bTV.
- » Clouds to Develop in Afternoon, with Rains in Some Areas
- » Top 10 Places to Visit in Plovdiv
- » Wizz Air to Launch 2 New Flights from Sofia in 2018
- » Bulgarian Minister of Tourism Discusses Possibilities for Developmnet of Medicinal Tourism
- » Hotel Revenues up by Almost 17% YoY
- » Minister of Tourism: 'Chinese Market is Huge Opportunity'