By 2020 75% of Bulgarians To Use Internet and E-Services
Bulgaria's Government approved a plan for the construction of next generation broadband internet infrastructure, reports Dnes.bg.
It must provide access to internet with speed of 30+ Mb/s to the entire population.
At least 50% of the households and 80% of the businesses must have access to speeds of 100 Mb/s by 2020, according to the plan.
The Government expects that within the next six years, the share of population using internet and electronic services will reach 75%.
Data of the National Statistics Institute as of December 2013, shows that 53.7% of the households in Bulgaria had access to internet. In spite the 2.8% growth, compared to 2012, the country is still at the last position for internet access in the EU.
At the same time Bulgaria is at the 18-th position for internet speed in the world, shows data of NetSpaceIndex.
- » Pope Francis Sends Message of Health and Prosperity to Bulgarian People
- » Bulgaria's External Debt Lowest as of Decade
- » Parliament Approves Resignation of BSP MP Kiril Dobrev
- » 2 Border Officers Detained in Operation Against Illegal Migration at Sofia Airport
- » Dimitar Margaritov, CPC: Dropping of Roaming Should not Affect Tariffs of Mobile Operators
- » Total Turnover Index in Transportation and Storage Sector up 2.4% in Q1 2017