By 2020 75% of Bulgarians To Use Internet and E-Services
Bulgaria's Government approved a plan for the construction of next generation broadband internet infrastructure, reports Dnes.bg.
It must provide access to internet with speed of 30+ Mb/s to the entire population.
At least 50% of the households and 80% of the businesses must have access to speeds of 100 Mb/s by 2020, according to the plan.
The Government expects that within the next six years, the share of population using internet and electronic services will reach 75%.
Data of the National Statistics Institute as of December 2013, shows that 53.7% of the households in Bulgaria had access to internet. In spite the 2.8% growth, compared to 2012, the country is still at the last position for internet access in the EU.
At the same time Bulgaria is at the 18-th position for internet speed in the world, shows data of NetSpaceIndex.
- » Intl Consortium Proposes to Inject BGN 2.3B in Bulgaria's KTB - FinMin
- » Austria's Verbund to Sell Its Wind Farm in Bulgaria
- » Russia Ties Renewal of Supplies to Ukraine's First Chunk of Debt
- » Bansko Opens Ski Season On December 13
- » Moscow, Kiev Agree to Renew Gas Flow to Ukraine
- » Bulgaria’s Producer Price Index Up 0.2% M/M in Sept 2014