By 2020 75% of Bulgarians To Use Internet and E-Services
Bulgaria's Government approved a plan for the construction of next generation broadband internet infrastructure, reports Dnes.bg.
It must provide access to internet with speed of 30+ Mb/s to the entire population.
At least 50% of the households and 80% of the businesses must have access to speeds of 100 Mb/s by 2020, according to the plan.
The Government expects that within the next six years, the share of population using internet and electronic services will reach 75%.
Data of the National Statistics Institute as of December 2013, shows that 53.7% of the households in Bulgaria had access to internet. In spite the 2.8% growth, compared to 2012, the country is still at the last position for internet access in the EU.
At the same time Bulgaria is at the 18-th position for internet speed in the world, shows data of NetSpaceIndex.
- » Lozana Vasileva Named State Fund Agriculture Executive Director
- » Protest Rally in Sofia Demands KTB Reopening
- » Coal Miners Protest Decision for Early Suspension of Bobov Dol TPP Unit
- » EU Commissioner: Russia Must Guarantee Gas Supplies, Ukraine Secure Transit
- » Bulgaria Reported FDI of EUR 22 948 M by December 31, 2013
- » Wall Collapses on Construction Worker in Bulgaria's Plovdiv