By 2020 75% of Bulgarians To Use Internet and E-Services
Bulgaria's Government approved a plan for the construction of next generation broadband internet infrastructure, reports Dnes.bg.
It must provide access to internet with speed of 30+ Mb/s to the entire population.
At least 50% of the households and 80% of the businesses must have access to speeds of 100 Mb/s by 2020, according to the plan.
The Government expects that within the next six years, the share of population using internet and electronic services will reach 75%.
Data of the National Statistics Institute as of December 2013, shows that 53.7% of the households in Bulgaria had access to internet. In spite the 2.8% growth, compared to 2012, the country is still at the last position for internet access in the EU.
At the same time Bulgaria is at the 18-th position for internet speed in the world, shows data of NetSpaceIndex.
- » DPS: We Will Give Radev 101 Days
- » President-Elect Rumen Radev To Assume Office
- » Friday Funday Ideas for Office Staff
- » Outgoing Deputy Foreign Minister Charged With Abuse of Office
- » EU Energy Commissioner Negotiates Key Energy Projects With Greek Govt
- » Bulgaria Posts 46.4% Drop in FDI in Jan-Nov 2016