By 2020 75% of Bulgarians To Use Internet and E-Services
Bulgaria's Government approved a plan for the construction of next generation broadband internet infrastructure, reports Dnes.bg.
It must provide access to internet with speed of 30+ Mb/s to the entire population.
At least 50% of the households and 80% of the businesses must have access to speeds of 100 Mb/s by 2020, according to the plan.
The Government expects that within the next six years, the share of population using internet and electronic services will reach 75%.
Data of the National Statistics Institute as of December 2013, shows that 53.7% of the households in Bulgaria had access to internet. In spite the 2.8% growth, compared to 2012, the country is still at the last position for internet access in the EU.
At the same time Bulgaria is at the 18-th position for internet speed in the world, shows data of NetSpaceIndex.
- » Bulgaria Ranks 47th in Economic Freedom Index
- » KEVR: Bulgargaz' Demand for 32% Hike in Gas Prices Is Unjustifiably High
- » Bulgaria 'Seeking South Stream Project Revival'
- » Holiday and Spa Expo Kicks Off in Blgaria
- » Bulgaria Posted 1.3% inflation in January
- » South Stream Project Will Be Carried Out, Russian Official Says