By 2020 75% of Bulgarians To Use Internet and E-Services
Bulgaria's Government approved a plan for the construction of next generation broadband internet infrastructure, reports Dnes.bg.
It must provide access to internet with speed of 30+ Mb/s to the entire population.
At least 50% of the households and 80% of the businesses must have access to speeds of 100 Mb/s by 2020, according to the plan.
The Government expects that within the next six years, the share of population using internet and electronic services will reach 75%.
Data of the National Statistics Institute as of December 2013, shows that 53.7% of the households in Bulgaria had access to internet. In spite the 2.8% growth, compared to 2012, the country is still at the last position for internet access in the EU.
At the same time Bulgaria is at the 18-th position for internet speed in the world, shows data of NetSpaceIndex.
- » Gazprom Directors' Board to Discuss Issues of South Stream Bulgaria
- » Economy Ministry Working to Ensure Varna TPP Will Remain Open
- » Merger of Revenue, Customs Agency Not on Agenda of Caretaker Govt
- » Bulgaria's Central Bank Holds Meeting on KTB Recovery
- » Car Tolls at Danube Bridge 2 May Drop by 50%
- » Clocks Set To Astronomical Time On Sunday