Sick Leave Notes to Be Sent By Email As of 2015
As of January 1, doctors will send the sick leave notes straight to the National Insurance Institute (NOI) by e-mail, reports the 24 Chasa daily.
According to the NOI director Biser Petkov the new procedure will ease and speed up the payment of the sick leave compensation, which by law is 15 days but in reality is much longer.
Currently the doctors issue a paper sick leave note, which the worker presents to the employer, who brings it to NOI, which processes manually the data and orders the payment.
The electronic submission will shorten the period, but it is not yet clear by how much.
The new instruction was approved by the NOI managerial board and is to be approved by the Council of Ministers.
- » Bulgaria to Purchase over 300 New Ambulances with EU Funds
- » Doctors in Bulgaria to Stage Symbolic Protest over New Funding Model
- » Patients Will Need ID Cards to Be Admitted to Hospital in Bulgaria as of April
- » Parliament Committee Approves Glinka Komitov as New Head of State Health Insurance Fund
- » Bulgaria Spends Most Funds Allocated to Healthcare on Hospitals
- » 60% of Calls to 112 Emergency Phone Number in 2014 Were Unjustified