Sick Leave Notes to Be Sent By Email As of 2015
As of January 1, doctors will send the sick leave notes straight to the National Insurance Institute (NOI) by e-mail, reports the 24 Chasa daily.
According to the NOI director Biser Petkov the new procedure will ease and speed up the payment of the sick leave compensation, which by law is 15 days but in reality is much longer.
Currently the doctors issue a paper sick leave note, which the worker presents to the employer, who brings it to NOI, which processes manually the data and orders the payment.
The electronic submission will shorten the period, but it is not yet clear by how much.
The new instruction was approved by the NOI managerial board and is to be approved by the Council of Ministers.
- » Bulgaria Ranks among Europe's Worst Healthcare Spenders
- » Bulgaria FinMin Downplays Fiscal Benefit of 'Junk Food' Tax Bill
- » 'Junk Food' Tax in Bulgaria Might Range from 3 to 78% - Health Min
- » Salaries in Bulgaria’s Emergency Care Sector to Go Up by 20% as of Jan 2015
- » 3% of Bulgaria’s Population Have No Access to Emergency Medial Service
- » Bulgaria’s Health Minister Proposes to Introduce 'Junk Food' Tax