Another Child's Body Found in Bulgaria's Flooded Asparuhovo District
The body of another victim of the floods in Bulgaria's port city of Varna was found on Thursday.
The victim is a child and was found in the ruins of a house, BGNES reports. It is still unclear whether the child is the six-year-old Marin who has been missing since the extreme floods ravaged the Asparuhovo district last week.
The 6-year-old disappeared in the evening of June 19, when a 2-3-meter-high tidal wave flooded Asparuhovo in Varna. The disaster claimed 12 lives, including three children. Another person died in the floods in the eastern Bulgarian town of Dobrich.
The state of emergency is still not lifted in Varna, the cleaning of the streets and the houses continues. So far 108 houses in the district have been rendered unfit for living.
- » Orthodox Christians Hail St Demetrius
- » Bulgaria's President: New Education Models Must Reflect Migration, Demographic Problems
- » Over 60 Cases of Pedophiles Online Uncovered So Far in 2016 in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Rakursi Gallery To Present Moonlight Reflections-Guanlan by Veliko Marinchevski
- » Roma to Make Up 1/4 of New Entries into Bulgaria's Labour Market in 2020
- » Asylum Seekers Protest in Bulgaria over Poor Conditions