Code Yellow Issued for Northern, Eastern Bulgaria Over Strong Winds
Code Yellow for strong winds has been issued for fifteen regions in northern and eastern Bulgaria, said Bulgaria's Meteorology and Hydrology Institute, Thursday.
The warning concerns the regions of Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Pleven, Lovech, Gabrovo, Veliko Tarnovo, Ruse, Razgrad, Shumen, Targovishte, Silistra, Dobrich, Varna and Sliven.
The port in Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Varna is closed today due to the gale-force winds.
Code yellow is issued for potentially dangerous weather and possible damages.
The maximum temperatures expected on Thursday are between 26 degrees C and 31 degrees C, for southeastern regions – 33-34 degrees C.
- » 18 Bulgarian Cities Have 'Extremely Polluted' Air
- » Bulgaria Ranks Poorly In Climate Change Performance Index
- » Extreme Weather Warnings Issued For Tuesday
- » Situation in Bulgaria's Flooded Regions Remains Adverse
- » Minor 2.5-Magnitude Earthquake Registered in Sofia
- » Emergency Remains in Part of SE Bulgaria, Villages in North Covered in Ice