Code Yellow Issued for Northern, Eastern Bulgaria Over Strong Winds
Code Yellow for strong winds has been issued for fifteen regions in northern and eastern Bulgaria, said Bulgaria's Meteorology and Hydrology Institute, Thursday.
The warning concerns the regions of Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Pleven, Lovech, Gabrovo, Veliko Tarnovo, Ruse, Razgrad, Shumen, Targovishte, Silistra, Dobrich, Varna and Sliven.
The port in Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Varna is closed today due to the gale-force winds.
Code yellow is issued for potentially dangerous weather and possible damages.
The maximum temperatures expected on Thursday are between 26 degrees C and 31 degrees C, for southeastern regions – 33-34 degrees C.
- » Another Six Pelicans Die at Bulgaria's Srebarna Nature Reserve
- » Bulgaria, World Prepare to Switch Off for Earth Hour
- » Intensive Rain Expected Across Bulgaria
- » Bird Flu Caused Death of Pelicans in Bulgaria's Srebarna Reserve
- » Chile Floods Leave 200 Bulgarians Stranded
- » 21 Pelicans Found Dead at Bulgaria's Srebarna Nature Reserve