Code Yellow Issued for Northern, Eastern Bulgaria Over Strong Winds
Code Yellow for strong winds has been issued for fifteen regions in northern and eastern Bulgaria, said Bulgaria's Meteorology and Hydrology Institute, Thursday.
The warning concerns the regions of Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Pleven, Lovech, Gabrovo, Veliko Tarnovo, Ruse, Razgrad, Shumen, Targovishte, Silistra, Dobrich, Varna and Sliven.
The port in Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Varna is closed today due to the gale-force winds.
Code yellow is issued for potentially dangerous weather and possible damages.
The maximum temperatures expected on Thursday are between 26 degrees C and 31 degrees C, for southeastern regions – 33-34 degrees C.
- » Thunderstorms, Hail Expected in Western Bulgaria on Monday
- » Bulgaria at risk of losing more money in EU-funded eco projects
- » Temperatures Sharply Go Down across Bulgaria on Friday
- » Wildfire Danger Extends to 16 Bulgarian Regions on Thursday
- » Heavy Rain, Thunderstorms to Hit Bulgaria on Thursday, Friday
- » Half of Bulgaria Under Highest Fire Danger Alert on Tuesday