Code Yellow Issued for Northern, Eastern Bulgaria Over Strong Winds
Code Yellow for strong winds has been issued for fifteen regions in northern and eastern Bulgaria, said Bulgaria's Meteorology and Hydrology Institute, Thursday.
The warning concerns the regions of Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Pleven, Lovech, Gabrovo, Veliko Tarnovo, Ruse, Razgrad, Shumen, Targovishte, Silistra, Dobrich, Varna and Sliven.
The port in Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Varna is closed today due to the gale-force winds.
Code yellow is issued for potentially dangerous weather and possible damages.
The maximum temperatures expected on Thursday are between 26 degrees C and 31 degrees C, for southeastern regions – 33-34 degrees C.
- » First Snow Falls in Bulgaria's Northwest
- » Minor Jolts Registered in SW Bulgaria
- » Minor 2.8-Magnitude Earthquake Rocks Southwestern Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Village of Belozem Declares State of Emergency
- » Bulgarian Authorities Issue Red Code Over Heavy Rain, Strong Winds in Burgas
- » 15 Districts in Bulgaria under ‘Code Yellow’ Weather Alert over Heavy Rain