Bulgarian Watchdog to Shed Light on Financial Deficit in Energy System
Bulgaria's State Commission for Energy and Water Regulation (DKEVR) will present Thursday current data on the financial deficit in the energy system.
The data is expected to support the initiative of the energy watchdog for reducing the price of electricity purchased from thermal power plants Maritsa Iztok-1 (TPP AES Galabovo) and ContourGlobal Maritsa East 3 and reducing the amount of electricity bought from renewable energy producers at preferential prices.
DKEVR member Elenko Bozhkov, as cited by the Bulgarian National Radio, warned a few days ago that a failure to approve the proposed measures would cause a dramatic increase in power rates.
He claimed that Bulgaria's National Electric Company (NEK) had to be saved expenses of BGN 1 B by June 2015 in order to cope with the difficult situation.
- » Public Discussions on Gas Extraction in the Dobrudzha Region
- » Random Inspections Indicate Good Preparation of Network Electric Operators for the Winter
- » Just One Marine Wind Turbine Farm can Power the Whole World
- » Large Scale Power Outages in Sofia from Today
- » Europe will Receive Azerbaijani Gas in 2020
- » Gazprom does not Exclude the Possibility of Building New Gas Pipelines for Europe