Bulgarian Watchdog to Shed Light on Financial Deficit in Energy System
Bulgaria's State Commission for Energy and Water Regulation (DKEVR) will present Thursday current data on the financial deficit in the energy system.
The data is expected to support the initiative of the energy watchdog for reducing the price of electricity purchased from thermal power plants Maritsa Iztok-1 (TPP AES Galabovo) and ContourGlobal Maritsa East 3 and reducing the amount of electricity bought from renewable energy producers at preferential prices.
DKEVR member Elenko Bozhkov, as cited by the Bulgarian National Radio, warned a few days ago that a failure to approve the proposed measures would cause a dramatic increase in power rates.
He claimed that Bulgaria's National Electric Company (NEK) had to be saved expenses of BGN 1 B by June 2015 in order to cope with the difficult situation.
- » Sofia Plans to Require More Information From Brussels About Gazprom Case
- » The Fifth Block of Kozloduy NPP Is Stopped Because of Planned Modernization
- » Sofia Prepares Statement on Gazprom’s Obligations
- » New Prices of The Thermal Energy in The Country
- » Natural Gas Prices Are Fully Determined by Market Factors
- » CITUB: Sharp Increase of Gas Prices Is Unreasonable and Inexpedient