Bulgarian Watchdog to Shed Light on Financial Deficit in Energy System
Bulgaria's State Commission for Energy and Water Regulation (DKEVR) will present Thursday current data on the financial deficit in the energy system.
The data is expected to support the initiative of the energy watchdog for reducing the price of electricity purchased from thermal power plants Maritsa Iztok-1 (TPP AES Galabovo) and ContourGlobal Maritsa East 3 and reducing the amount of electricity bought from renewable energy producers at preferential prices.
DKEVR member Elenko Bozhkov, as cited by the Bulgarian National Radio, warned a few days ago that a failure to approve the proposed measures would cause a dramatic increase in power rates.
He claimed that Bulgaria's National Electric Company (NEK) had to be saved expenses of BGN 1 B by June 2015 in order to cope with the difficult situation.
- » Bulgaria, Russia to Look into Options for the Future of Belene NPP Project
- » Bulgarian Energy Group BEH Places EUR 550 M Eurobond Issue - Minister
- » Bulgaria Says Gas Link with Romania to Be Completed in Autumn 2016
- » Ukraine, Romania, Bulgaria to Test Bi-Directional Gas Flows by Year's End
- » Moody's Upgrades Bulgarian Energy Holding's Rating
- » Iran Looking into Bulgaria's Nuclear Offer