Bulgarian Watchdog to Shed Light on Financial Deficit in Energy System
Bulgaria's State Commission for Energy and Water Regulation (DKEVR) will present Thursday current data on the financial deficit in the energy system.
The data is expected to support the initiative of the energy watchdog for reducing the price of electricity purchased from thermal power plants Maritsa Iztok-1 (TPP AES Galabovo) and ContourGlobal Maritsa East 3 and reducing the amount of electricity bought from renewable energy producers at preferential prices.
DKEVR member Elenko Bozhkov, as cited by the Bulgarian National Radio, warned a few days ago that a failure to approve the proposed measures would cause a dramatic increase in power rates.
He claimed that Bulgaria's National Electric Company (NEK) had to be saved expenses of BGN 1 B by June 2015 in order to cope with the difficult situation.
- » Bulgaria Opens Tender for Oil/Gas Exploration in Varna Region
- » Bulgaria Reports No Change in Russian Gas Supply, Transit Volumes
- » Gazprom Suspends Gas Deliveries to Ukraine
- » French, US Companies 'Interested' in Supplying Gas to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Expects Offers for EUR 650 M Loan to Energy Holding Co. in 2-3 Weeks
- » Agreement on Bulgaria-Greece Gas Interconnector to be Signed on December 10