Grigor Dimitrov Reaches First Ever Wimbledon 3rd Round
Grigor Dimitrov reached his first ever Wimbledon third round after beating Luke Saville of Australia in 3 sets (6:3, 6:2, 6:4).
This was the Bulgarian’s debut on the center court in Wimbledon, and it took him only 83 minutes to see off the world number 236.
Dimitrov boasted an impressive 90% of points won on first serve, as well as 11 aces. The young Australian received only 1 break point in the whole match, but was not able to convert it in his favor.
The only are in which Dimitrov could have some concerns are the 16 unforced errors, which he would have to clean up in the next rounds.
The win guarantees 90 ATP points for the Bulgarian, who will face Alexandr Dolgopolov of Ukraine in the third round.
- » Bulgaria Scores Gold, Silver Medals at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup in Tashkent
- » Bulgarian Football Union to Determine Fate of CSKA Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Sesil Karatancheva Reaches Last Round of Roland Garros Qualifiers
- » Zinedine Zidane Also to Attend Final of European U-17 Championship
- » UEFA President to Attend Final, Award Ceremony of European U-17 Championship
- » Bulgaria Football Union Withdraws Domestic, Euro Licences of Four Teams