EC Gives EUR 239M in 2014 for Environmental Projects Proposals
The European Commission has launched the first call for proposals under the LIFE funding program for projects dedicated to environment.
The LIFE sub-program for environment will provide EUR 238.86M in 2014 to develop and implement innovative ways to respond to environmental challenges across Europe, focusing on the conservation of nature and biodiversity, resource efficiency and environmental governance and information, the EC press center reports.
European Environment Commissioner Janez Poto?nik said: "Innovative environmental and nature conservation projects around Europe will receive more funds than ever before. This will help achieve sustainable growth through investment in a resource-efficient economy and will help member states and local authorities to implement plans and strategies in key policy areas like nature, waste, air and water."
The sub-program is part of the EU LIFE Program 2014-2020 and will provide EUR 2 592M for the environment over the next seven years. It will also support better governance, dissemination of information and awareness-raising on environmental matters.
Interested organizations are encouraged to start preparations as early as possible by developing their project ideas, forming partnerships with relevant stakeholders and identifying complementary financial support. For "traditional projects", the Commission particularly welcomes proposals in line with the priority project topics set out in the LIFE multi-annual work program for 2014-2017.
The deadline for applications for traditional projects is 16 October 2014, while for integrated projects it has been fixed at 10 October 2014. The next call for LIFE proposals will target operating grants for non-profit organizations active at European level in climate and environmental issues and will be launched this autumn.
- » Meeting of Heads of Parliamentary Committees for Union Affairs Held in Sofia
- » Borisov to the MEPs: If there is so much Corruption, How are we Always First in Elections (Video)
- » Boyko Borisov Presents the Presidency's Priorities to the European Parliament
- » Experts Argue Whether Prices Would Rise if Bulgaria Introduces the Euro
- » The Speech of Donald Tusk Delivered in Bulgarian (Video)
- » Euronews: Bulgaria is Applying for Schengen by Strictly Guarding its Border with Turkey