Bulgarian Authorities Apprehend EUR 52 600 in Fake Banknotes
The Bulgarian authorities apprehended 263 fake EUR 200 banknotes, said the National Security Agency (DANS).
The fake banknotes were hidden under the seat, in the trainers of the driver and in the luggage of the other passenger in an automobile with Polish registration plates. It tried to cross the border from Bulgaria into Romania at Danube Bridge 2 checkpoint in Vidin.
The two Polish citizens travelling in the car were arrested.
The Border Police and the customs officers also found in the car a device for jamming mobile phone signals, a radio transmitter, GPS navigation devices, mobile phones and SIM cards of foreign telecoms.
- » Jihadis 'Traveling on Fake Passports from Bulgaria'
- » Bulgaria Earns Praise from Europol for Busting Workshop for Forged Euro Notes
- » Cash Machine Stolen in Bulgaria’s Velingrad
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain 29 Migrants Near Vratsa
- » Bulgaria Parliament ex-Official Faces Renewed Tax Evasion Trial
- » Bulgarian Counter-Intelligence Official Goes to Court for Disclosing 'State Secret'