Bulgarian Authorities Apprehend EUR 52 600 in Fake Banknotes
The Bulgarian authorities apprehended 263 fake EUR 200 banknotes, said the National Security Agency (DANS).
The fake banknotes were hidden under the seat, in the trainers of the driver and in the luggage of the other passenger in an automobile with Polish registration plates. It tried to cross the border from Bulgaria into Romania at Danube Bridge 2 checkpoint in Vidin.
The two Polish citizens travelling in the car were arrested.
The Border Police and the customs officers also found in the car a device for jamming mobile phone signals, a radio transmitter, GPS navigation devices, mobile phones and SIM cards of foreign telecoms.
- » Russian Hacker Arrested in Spain
- » Shooting at Bus in Sofia Breaks Windows, Nobody Hurt
- » Bulgaria's Ex-Spy Chief Faces New Embezzlement Charges
- » Bulgaria's DefMin Formally Indicted over Abuse of Office
- » Bulgaria Court to Decide on Removing Plovdiv Mayor
- » Five Bulgarian Customs Officers to Remain in Custody