Bulgarian Authorities Apprehend EUR 52 600 in Fake Banknotes
The Bulgarian authorities apprehended 263 fake EUR 200 banknotes, said the National Security Agency (DANS).
The fake banknotes were hidden under the seat, in the trainers of the driver and in the luggage of the other passenger in an automobile with Polish registration plates. It tried to cross the border from Bulgaria into Romania at Danube Bridge 2 checkpoint in Vidin.
The two Polish citizens travelling in the car were arrested.
The Border Police and the customs officers also found in the car a device for jamming mobile phone signals, a radio transmitter, GPS navigation devices, mobile phones and SIM cards of foreign telecoms.
- » Sofia City Court Acquits Ex-Deputy Parliament Speaker of all Charges
- » Bulgarian Prosecution Demands Four Years in Prison for Ex-Deputy Parliament Speaker
- » Bulgaria Chief Prosecutor Submits New Request to Lift Nationalist Leader's Immunity
- » Bulgarian Police Bust Crime Group Making Fake Passports for Migrants
- » Bomb Threats Close All Banks in Bulgaria's Razgrad
- » Embezzelement Trial against Bulgarian Consultancy Head Suspended