Bulgarian Authorities Apprehend EUR 52 600 in Fake Banknotes
The Bulgarian authorities apprehended 263 fake EUR 200 banknotes, said the National Security Agency (DANS).
The fake banknotes were hidden under the seat, in the trainers of the driver and in the luggage of the other passenger in an automobile with Polish registration plates. It tried to cross the border from Bulgaria into Romania at Danube Bridge 2 checkpoint in Vidin.
The two Polish citizens travelling in the car were arrested.
The Border Police and the customs officers also found in the car a device for jamming mobile phone signals, a radio transmitter, GPS navigation devices, mobile phones and SIM cards of foreign telecoms.
- » 50 Mobsters Arrested in Southern Italy
- » Eight People were Arrested for Drug Trafficking in Mladost Quarter of Sofia
- » Crime Group Involved in Drug Distribution Was Detained on Trakia Motorway
- » Police Found 40 Illegal Migrants in Sofia
- » Customs and Border Police Officers Prevented an Attempt for Smuggling of 1,551 boxes Cigarettes
- » Police in Varna Disrupted a Scheme for False Medical Documents