Westinghouse to Own 30% of Unit 7 of Kozloduy NPP Till Completion
The US Westinghouse will own 30% of the Unit 7 of the Kozloduy NPP until the construction is completed, said the Kozloduy deputy director Alexander Nikolov.
Nikolov told the Bulgarian National Radio that the Kozloduy NPP filial company “New Capacities” will be transformed. Seventy percent of it would remain the property of Kozloduy and 30% will be transferred to Westinghouse, which will kepp them till the completion of the construction.
“They (Westinghouse) will not be the operator of the unit, as they do not have experience in that,” Nikolov said. “But we have more than 40 years' experience as operators of a NPP.”
According to Nikolov the negotiations with Westinghouse were near completion and the two parties have drawn up an initial “cooperation agreement”. He could not provide a set date for the signing of the agreement.
- » Bulgarian Energy Group BEH Places EUR 550 M Eurobond Issue - Minister
- » Bulgaria Says Gas Link with Romania to Be Completed in Autumn 2016
- » Ukraine, Romania, Bulgaria to Test Bi-Directional Gas Flows by Year's End
- » Moody's Upgrades Bulgarian Energy Holding's Rating
- » Iran Looking into Bulgaria's Nuclear Offer
- » Bulgarian PM Mulls Cabinet Reshuffle