Westinghouse to Own 30% of Unit 7 of Kozloduy NPP Till Completion
The US Westinghouse will own 30% of the Unit 7 of the Kozloduy NPP until the construction is completed, said the Kozloduy deputy director Alexander Nikolov.
Nikolov told the Bulgarian National Radio that the Kozloduy NPP filial company “New Capacities” will be transformed. Seventy percent of it would remain the property of Kozloduy and 30% will be transferred to Westinghouse, which will kepp them till the completion of the construction.
“They (Westinghouse) will not be the operator of the unit, as they do not have experience in that,” Nikolov said. “But we have more than 40 years' experience as operators of a NPP.”
According to Nikolov the negotiations with Westinghouse were near completion and the two parties have drawn up an initial “cooperation agreement”. He could not provide a set date for the signing of the agreement.
- » Montenegro 'Interested' in South Stream Pipeline - EconMin
- » Bulgaria Risks Losing EU Funding of EUR 45 M for Gas Link with Greece
- » Bulgaria's Energy Sector Most Vulnerable Among 75 Countries
- » Turkey OKs South Stream Environmental Impact Assessment
- » Bulgarian Energy Holding Puts Off Gazprom Loan on South Stream
- » Bulgaria-Romania Gas Link Suffers Further Delay