Westinghouse to Own 30% of Unit 7 of Kozloduy NPP Till Completion
The US Westinghouse will own 30% of the Unit 7 of the Kozloduy NPP until the construction is completed, said the Kozloduy deputy director Alexander Nikolov.
Nikolov told the Bulgarian National Radio that the Kozloduy NPP filial company “New Capacities” will be transformed. Seventy percent of it would remain the property of Kozloduy and 30% will be transferred to Westinghouse, which will kepp them till the completion of the construction.
“They (Westinghouse) will not be the operator of the unit, as they do not have experience in that,” Nikolov said. “But we have more than 40 years' experience as operators of a NPP.”
According to Nikolov the negotiations with Westinghouse were near completion and the two parties have drawn up an initial “cooperation agreement”. He could not provide a set date for the signing of the agreement.
- » Bulgaria 'Unable to Halt South Stream Construction' - Ex-Energy Minister
- » Bulgaria's State Electricity Co 'Sells Energy Below Market Prices'
- » Project Company South Stream Bulgaria AD Is Still Operational - CEO
- » Lifespan of Kozloduy NPP Units 5, 6 May Be Extended by at least 20 Years
- » Life Extension of Units 5, 6 of Kozloduy NPP Proceeds as Planned- Watchdog Chair
- » Westinghouse Voted BBLF Member