Jyrki Katainen Becomes Commissioner for Economic and Monetary Affairs
Former Finnish Prime Minister Jyrki Katainen becomes the new European Commissioner for Economic and Monetary Affairs, said EC president Jose Barroso.
Katainen, will replace Olli Rehn who resigned from his position as a European Commissioner in order to pursue a political career in his home Finland.
The current European Commission ends its term in the autumn of 2014.
- » European Union to Boost Ebola Research with EUR 24.4M
- » Sweden Ends Search for Suspected Submarine
- » Doctor Back from Africa Tests Positive for Ebola at New York Hospital
- » Ottawa Shooting Suspect Identified as Canadian Islamic Convert Michael Zehaf-Bibeau
- » US Air Strikes Help Iraq Repel IS Offensive on Mosul Dam
- » European Parliament Approves Jean-Claude Juncker Commission