Jyrki Katainen Becomes Commissioner for Economic and Monetary Affairs
Former Finnish Prime Minister Jyrki Katainen becomes the new European Commissioner for Economic and Monetary Affairs, said EC president Jose Barroso.
Katainen, will replace Olli Rehn who resigned from his position as a European Commissioner in order to pursue a political career in his home Finland.
The current European Commission ends its term in the autumn of 2014.
- » Lufthansa Pilots to Start 8th Strike Since April
- » Russia, Ukraine Reach Tentative Agreement On Gas Deliveries
- » Patient with Ebola Symptoms Hospitalized in Kosovo's Capital
- » Greece Plans Extra LNG Imports in Case of Cut in Russian Gas Supplies
- » Putin Promises Jobs, Boost in Trade, Investment to Serbia
- » Merkel Engages in Mediation Efforst Prior to Putin-Poroshenko Talks