Jyrki Katainen Becomes Commissioner for Economic and Monetary Affairs
Former Finnish Prime Minister Jyrki Katainen becomes the new European Commissioner for Economic and Monetary Affairs, said EC president Jose Barroso.
Katainen, will replace Olli Rehn who resigned from his position as a European Commissioner in order to pursue a political career in his home Finland.
The current European Commission ends its term in the autumn of 2014.
- » Victor Ponta Set to Win First Round of Romanian Presidential Race
- » Germany Introduces Road Toll of up to EUR 130 for Foreign Drivers
- » Hungary Drops Draft Internet Tax Bill After Protests
- » Bulgaria Drops in Anti-Bribery Enforcement Ranking - Report
- » Sweden Recognizes Palestinian State
- » Turkey’s Q3 Tourism Revenue Rises 11% Y/Y