Bulgarian-Polish Consortium To Develop Shipka Tunnel Conceptual Design
Mosty Bulgaria and Mosty Katowice, part of the Mosty Consortium, will develop the advanced conceptual design of the infrastructure facility of the tunnel under Shipka.
Bulgaria's Road Infrastructure Agency has signed on Wednesday the procurement contract estimated at BGN 104, 232 VAT excluded, the agency informs.
The project is funded by the state budget and under the operational program Transport. The implementation period is 120 days.
Currently, the Road Infrastructure Agency is implementing the Gabrovo bypass project, part of which is the tunnel under Shipka. The project is divided into five stages and the tunnel is scheduled for construction by 2020.
The project is part of the Pan-European Transport Corridor IX Bucharest - Ruse - Dimitrovgrad - Alexandroupoli. The major transport routes the it will serve are: Ruse - Veliko Tarnovo - Shipka - Stara Zagora - Svilengrad and Oryahovo - Sevlievo - Shipka - Stara Zagora - Svilengrad.
- » Montenegro 'Interested' in South Stream Pipeline - EconMin
- » Bulgarian Farmers’ Association Opposes Annual Cap on EU Subsidies
- » Tourists at Sunny Beach Complain of Tow Truck Blackmail
- » Morocco Seeks Options for Charter Flights to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Risks Losing EU Funding of EUR 45 M for Gas Link with Greece
- » Bulgarian Industrial Assoc. Hints at Negative GDP Growth by end-2014