State of Emergency Lifted in Dobrich
The state of emergency in Bulgaria’s northeastern city of Dobrich has been lifted, but there is still plenty of cleanup work to be done after the devastating floods.
One person died in Dobrich during last week’s floods, and many homes were destroyed. The municipality has begun the disinfection process for those households that have already been rid of the water, as well as some of the public spaces.
In several parts of the city, shafts remain clogged, which poses problems for the drainage, the head of the local fire brigade told Dariknews.
Earlier this week, Dobrich Municipality asked for help from private companies, to provide disinfectants, dump trucks, and other necessary equipment for the cleanup.
- » The Hurricane Caused 500,000 Leva Worth of Damages in Vratsa
- » Yellow Warning on Glaze for All of North Bulgaria
- » Water in the Village of Kazanka is Checked For Uranium
- » The Strong Wind Literally Took Roofs of Houses Across the Country
- » Increased Cloud Throughout the Country, Light Rain in Some Places in Western Bulgaria
- » Rain in Southern and Eastern Bulgaria Today