State of Emergency Lifted in Dobrich
The state of emergency in Bulgaria’s northeastern city of Dobrich has been lifted, but there is still plenty of cleanup work to be done after the devastating floods.
One person died in Dobrich during last week’s floods, and many homes were destroyed. The municipality has begun the disinfection process for those households that have already been rid of the water, as well as some of the public spaces.
In several parts of the city, shafts remain clogged, which poses problems for the drainage, the head of the local fire brigade told Dariknews.
Earlier this week, Dobrich Municipality asked for help from private companies, to provide disinfectants, dump trucks, and other necessary equipment for the cleanup.
- » Nicaragua Signs Paris Climate Deal, Leaving US, Syria as Only Countries Out
- » From 2019 90% of the Territory of Bulgaria will be Protected from Hailstorms
- » Typhoon "Lan" Hits Japan Leaving 5 People Dead
- » NIMH: Rains will Start From the West and will Spread Throughout the Western Half of the Country
- » The Municipality of Sofia will Plant a Forest near Suhodol
- » Mostly Sunny Weather with Temperatures of up to 22-27°C