State of Emergency Lifted in Dobrich
The state of emergency in Bulgaria’s northeastern city of Dobrich has been lifted, but there is still plenty of cleanup work to be done after the devastating floods.
One person died in Dobrich during last week’s floods, and many homes were destroyed. The municipality has begun the disinfection process for those households that have already been rid of the water, as well as some of the public spaces.
In several parts of the city, shafts remain clogged, which poses problems for the drainage, the head of the local fire brigade told Dariknews.
Earlier this week, Dobrich Municipality asked for help from private companies, to provide disinfectants, dump trucks, and other necessary equipment for the cleanup.
- » NIMH: Short Rains with Thunders in the Afternoon
- » Weak Earthquake Registered Nearby Devin
- » Mostly Sunny Today with Temporary Cloud Increases
- » Most of the Country Will be Cloudy Today with Light Showers in Places
- » Bulgaria Nominates Four Biosphere Reserves For Inclusion in UNESCO’s World Network of Biosphere Reserves
- » The Maximum Temperatures Today Will Be Up To 25° C