State of Emergency Lifted in Dobrich
The state of emergency in Bulgaria’s northeastern city of Dobrich has been lifted, but there is still plenty of cleanup work to be done after the devastating floods.
One person died in Dobrich during last week’s floods, and many homes were destroyed. The municipality has begun the disinfection process for those households that have already been rid of the water, as well as some of the public spaces.
In several parts of the city, shafts remain clogged, which poses problems for the drainage, the head of the local fire brigade told Dariknews.
Earlier this week, Dobrich Municipality asked for help from private companies, to provide disinfectants, dump trucks, and other necessary equipment for the cleanup.
- » Today is the Official Start of Astronomical Summer
- » NIMH: Yellow Code for Strong Wind in 8 Regions
- » NIMH: Weather Will be Sunny, Max. Temperatures Between 26° and 31°
- » NIMH: Rains with Thunders Over Eastern and Southwestern Regions, Max Temperatures 26°-31°
- » Seismologists Do Not Expect New Strong Quakes in Greece and Turkey
- » Mostly Sunny, Max Temperatures 28°-33°, in Sofia 29°