Every Third Schoolchild In Bulgaria is Overweight
Thirty percent of the Bulgarian schoolchildren aged 6-19 are overweight and 12.7% are obese, shows a study on school feeding in Bulgaria.
It was done between 2010-2011 by the National Centre for Public Health an Analysis and the Pediatrics Department of the Sofia Medical University, reports Mediapool.bg.
The data shows that only 24% of the children exercise for at least one hour each day and 35% are involved in physical activities twice a week or less.
The survey found that besides insufficient physical exercises, the many of the children do not eat enough fresh fruits and vegetables and other foods with high fiber content.
- » 26,000 Children With Disabilities Receive Family Allowances and the Amount for This Year Is BGN 160m
- » Seven European Countries Hunting for Bulgarian Doctors
- » Bulgaria's SAC Revokes Fingerprint Identification for Hospital Patients
- » Introduction of Fingerprint Identification in Outpatient Sector Postponed
- » Flu Peak in Bulgaria Expected in April
- » Number of Doctors Leaving Bulgaria 'On Decline' - Ex-Min