Every Third Schoolchild In Bulgaria is Overweight
Thirty percent of the Bulgarian schoolchildren aged 6-19 are overweight and 12.7% are obese, shows a study on school feeding in Bulgaria.
It was done between 2010-2011 by the National Centre for Public Health an Analysis and the Pediatrics Department of the Sofia Medical University, reports Mediapool.bg.
The data shows that only 24% of the children exercise for at least one hour each day and 35% are involved in physical activities twice a week or less.
The survey found that besides insufficient physical exercises, the many of the children do not eat enough fresh fruits and vegetables and other foods with high fiber content.
- » Top Bottled Water Brands Contaminated with Plastic Particles
- » Over 200,000 Bulgarians Suffer from Glaucoma
- » There is a Shortage of Dentists in Several Areas of the Country
- » Spring Allergies Attack us After the Flu
- » Greece Looks to Draw Billion-Dollar Investments After Legalizing Medical Marijuana
- » An Internet Platform will Help People with Oncological Diseases