Every Third Schoolchild In Bulgaria is Overweight
Thirty percent of the Bulgarian schoolchildren aged 6-19 are overweight and 12.7% are obese, shows a study on school feeding in Bulgaria.
It was done between 2010-2011 by the National Centre for Public Health an Analysis and the Pediatrics Department of the Sofia Medical University, reports Mediapool.bg.
The data shows that only 24% of the children exercise for at least one hour each day and 35% are involved in physical activities twice a week or less.
The survey found that besides insufficient physical exercises, the many of the children do not eat enough fresh fruits and vegetables and other foods with high fiber content.
- » Budget 2018 Envisages Additional 400 mln for Healthcare
- » Within 6 Months Everyone in Bulgaria will have Access to their Electronic Health Records
- » Five Brands of Butter on the Bulgarian Market Have Violations in Their Composition (Picture)
- » So-Called Superfoods will be Included in the Menus of Bulgarian Kindergartens
- » We Mark the Day of the Bulgarian Doctor
- » The Health Fund has Voted a BGN 400 Million Increase in the Budget for Next Year