Every Third Schoolchild In Bulgaria is Overweight
Thirty percent of the Bulgarian schoolchildren aged 6-19 are overweight and 12.7% are obese, shows a study on school feeding in Bulgaria.
It was done between 2010-2011 by the National Centre for Public Health an Analysis and the Pediatrics Department of the Sofia Medical University, reports Mediapool.bg.
The data shows that only 24% of the children exercise for at least one hour each day and 35% are involved in physical activities twice a week or less.
The survey found that besides insufficient physical exercises, the many of the children do not eat enough fresh fruits and vegetables and other foods with high fiber content.
- » About 300-400,000 Bulgarians Probably will be Ill in the Next Month, Chief State Health Inspector
- » Most People with Flu are in Pernik, Pazardzhik, Gabrovo, Blagoevgrad and Stara Zagora
- » Flu Epidemic in Pernik
- » First Proven Case of Hong Kong Flu in Bulgaria this Year
- » Almost 4 Tons of Food will be Destroyed
- » Nearly 60% of Medicines Imported into Bulgaria are Being Re-Exported to Europe