Elizabeth II Visits Game of Thrones Set, Does Not Claim Iron Throne
On Tuesday Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip toured the set of the HBO TV series “Game of Thrones” in Belfast and met some of the cast.
The show’s executive producers and writers David Benioff and Dan Weiss led the tour starting with a viewing of costumes and props. The royals stopped to admire the medieval drama’s array of weaponry and clothing and chatted with the show’s members of staff. The team then moved on for a look at the most sought after seat in the land: the Iron Throne.
The Queen was led into the throne room, where she met several cast members including Kit Harington, who plays Jon Snow, and Lena Headey, who plays the wicked Queen Cersei Lannister.
The Queen inspected the Iron Throne, which is the most contested item in the show, but did not sit on it.
According to the show, the throne is made up of a thousand swords surrendered in war and is full of spikes and jagged edges, but in reality is a plastic prop.
The tour was part of a three-day state visit of Northern Ireland.
- » Ron Howard to Direct Beatles Documentary
- » Novak Djokovic Marries His Girlfriend
- » Robert Downey Jr. And Wife Susan Expecting A Baby
- » Duke And Duchess of Cambridge Root for Murray Vs Dimitrov at Wimbledon
- » Beyonce Tops Forbes' 15th Annual Celebrity 100 List
- » Young Bulgarian Shines in America’s Got Talent