Lending Rates Report Slight Increase in May – BNB
Slight lending rates growth both on a monthly and on an annual basis in almost all segments was recorded by Bulgaria's National Bank in May, 2014.
The total loan portfolio of businesses and households increased by BGN 77.8M (0.14%) in May, and the increase on an annual basis is by BGN 982.8M (1.84%), Capital Daily reports.
The volume of overdue loans also increased slightly after recording a decline in the last two months. The increase in May is of BGN 35.1M compared to April.
Business financing increases for the fourth consecutive month. In May corporate loans grew by BGN 35.5M (0.1%) on a monthly basis to BGN 35.8B. The overall trend remains positive, with an annual increase of 2.64% in May, compared to an increase of 2.29% in April, 1.7% in March and 1.01% in February.
The total amount of household loans has increased by BGN 42.4M in May compared to April, reaching BGN 18.6B. The growth is generated primarily by consumer loans (0.29%), while mortgages decreased (-0.06%).
On an annual basis, however, both housing and consumer loans registered an increase, as consumer loans increased by BGN 65M (0.89%) in May.
- » Bulgaria's Finance Ministry Publishes 2017 Draft Budget
- » Bulgaria's Govt to End State Aid Contract with Fibank
- » Bulgarian Finance Minister: Customs Agency Proceeds To Increase by BGN 2 B for 2016
- » Bulgaria's Debt At BGN 23.048 B
- » Bulgaria's Prosecution to File KTB Case with Court Early Next Year
- » Parliament To Ratify Guarantee for EUR 100 M Lent to BDB by KfW