Lending Rates Report Slight Increase in May – BNB
Slight lending rates growth both on a monthly and on an annual basis in almost all segments was recorded by Bulgaria's National Bank in May, 2014.
The total loan portfolio of businesses and households increased by BGN 77.8M (0.14%) in May, and the increase on an annual basis is by BGN 982.8M (1.84%), Capital Daily reports.
The volume of overdue loans also increased slightly after recording a decline in the last two months. The increase in May is of BGN 35.1M compared to April.
Business financing increases for the fourth consecutive month. In May corporate loans grew by BGN 35.5M (0.1%) on a monthly basis to BGN 35.8B. The overall trend remains positive, with an annual increase of 2.64% in May, compared to an increase of 2.29% in April, 1.7% in March and 1.01% in February.
The total amount of household loans has increased by BGN 42.4M in May compared to April, reaching BGN 18.6B. The growth is generated primarily by consumer loans (0.29%), while mortgages decreased (-0.06%).
On an annual basis, however, both housing and consumer loans registered an increase, as consumer loans increased by BGN 65M (0.89%) in May.
- » BNB Chief Radev: Bulgaria's Banking System Is Stable
- » Bulgarians Abroad Sent BGN 1 B Back Home in 2016
- » Citizen Deposits in Banks Grow by 6.9% Year-on-Year in August 2016
- » Prices of Cigarettes to Go Up in Bulgaria through 2017
- » Cigarette Prices To Increase in 2017
- » Tax Declarations To Be Filed Electronically As Of 2018