Information Campaign to Support Immigrant Integration
An information campaign will support the integration of immigrants in Bulgaria, reports the BTA wire service.
It will include radio broadcasts, billboards, advertisements in the Sofia metro stations and a specialised website, which will help the immigrants to integrate faster and better. The campaign is part of the project National Information Campaign for Immigrant Rights and Better Acceptance by the Bulgarian Society, coordinated by Yordan Boyanov.
Boyanov told BTA that the project cost BGN 80 000 and is funded by the European fund for integration of citizens from third countries. It will last through the end of June.
The billboards were placed in Plovdiv, Kurdzhali, Burgas and Varna - the cities with highest concentration of immigrants, according to the National Statistics Institute (NSI). The radio broadcasts were aired for four months and eight articles discussing the problems of the immigrants were published.
Boyanov said the main problem of the immigrants were the administrative procedures. According to him, since the start of the project in end of February, the number of questions asked on the website has increased considerably.
- » Landslide Stops Traffic in Bulgaria's Kresna Gorge
- » Dub FX to Present His Brand New Live Show in Sofia
- » Bugaria MPs Trade Punches over Claims of 'pro-US Stance'
- » Suspect Held on Murder Charge in Bulgaria's Veliko Tarnovo
- » 62 % of Bulgarians Oppose Issue of New BGN 16 B Debt – Survey
- » CIA: Bulgarian Population is Less Than 7 Million People