Italy Knocked Out of World Cup
Italy became the latest big gun to be knocked out of the 2014 World Cup, after losing 0:1 to Uruguay in their final group C match.
A draw would have been for the 2006 world champions to progress, and things looked as if they were heading in that direction, before Diego Godin fired a header to seal the win for the South Americans in the 81st minute. Prior to that, Italy was somewhat controversially left with 10 players following the sending off of Claudio Marchisio in the 59th minute.
Another scandalous situation by which the match will be remembered is Luis Suarez’s alleged biting of Giorgio Chiellini, which the referee did not see.
Uruguay finish second place in the group with 6 points, behind leaders Costa Rica who are with 7. Italy and England surprisingly exit before the knockout stage, kept company by reigning champions Spain, who already arrived in Madrid.
For Italy, this is the second consecutive World Cup where they lose out in the group stage.
- » "Ludogorets" Will Host the Matches of Europa League in Razgrad
- » Grigor Dimitrov Wins His 1st Masters 1000 Tite in the Finals in Cincinnati
- » Grigor Dimitrov Has Achieved a Historic Success
- » Bulgarian Best Tennis Player Grigor Dimitrov Reaches the Semi-Finals in Cincinnati Tournament
- » Bulgaria Will Host 2 Tournaments of the New World Volleyball Championship in 2018
- » Grigor Dimitrov Wins Against Juan Matin del Porto in Cincinnati