Bulgarian Pleven Municipality Warns of Dangerously Dilapidated Bridges
The two bridges at the exit of Bulgaria's city of Pleven on the main road to Sofia are in a dangerous condition, the expertise commissioned by the local municipality has showed.
"The old bridge is so rutty that the ballast is missing and the bridge simply vibrates, and the supporting column of the new bridge in the direction of Sofia has been cracked," the Mayor Dimitar Stoykov said, cited by Bulgaria's National Radio (BNR).
The poor state of the facilities has been established after the first rainfalls this spring. A 30 km speed limit was introduced, and overtaking on the bridges is banned.
The repair of the facilities will cost about BGN 1.1M, BNR informs.
- » Two Dead Bodies Found at Bulgaria’s Southern Black Sea Coast
- » Algeria Hackers Attack Bulgarian Culture Ministry's Website
- » Photo of Young and Beautiful Bulgarian Primary School Teacher Goes Viral
- » Banker Tsvetan Vasilev 'Feeling Betrayed by Everybody'
- » 19% of Bulgarians Paid No Health Insurance Contributions in 2013
- » Serbian Court Places Tsvetan Vasilev Under Recognizance Order