Bulgarian Interior Minister: No Disaster Funds for New Housing
There are no sufficient resources in the Disaster Relief Fund for new housing for the victims of the floods in northeastern Bulgaria, Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev revealed.
“The citizens have a responsibility to insure their homes”, Yovchev stated adamantly.
According to him, the reaction of the municipal authorities had been adequate and in accordance with the crisis response procedures.
“Whatever the organization is, whatever the resources of a country are, there are times when nature is simply stronger”, Minister Yovchev concluded.
- » Barekov-Led Party Coalition Splits, Leader Threatens to Quit Politics
- » Government Postpones Agreement With Westinghouse For Successors
- » Gov't Allocates BGN 18 M to Ministries, Discusses Resignation
- » Bulgaria's New Environment Minister 'Has No Degree' from Munich
- » Bulgaria Can Handle 1,000 Migrants Monthly – Interior Minister
- » Bulgaria's Government Holds 'Last' Meeting Before Resignation