Bulgaria's Households Saved BGN 138 M in May
Bulgaria's households increased their bank savings by BGN 138 in May, shows data of the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB).
This is about three times less than the money saved in April, which had reached BGN 371 M.
Since January 2014 the households' savings grew by a total of BGN 1.356 B and as of the end of May the total reached BGN 39.062 B.
It posted a 10.6% increase year-on-year.
BNB notes a slight increase in the household credits. The money lent to the private citizens has reached BGN 18.61 B, which is a 0.3% year-on-year. The consumer credits reached BGN 7.335 B in May. In the same month the home mortgages amounted to BGN 8.887 B.
- » Bulgaria Advises Travellers to Carry Enough Cash During Greece's Bank Holiday
- » Greece's Banking Restrictions 'Not to Affect Bulgaria'
- » Bulgarians Working Abroad Sent Home Remittances Totaling USD 1.72 B in 2014
- » Bulgarian Parliament Approves Lifting of Bank Secrecy at Second Reading
- » S&P warns of Possible Downgrades in SEE over Greek Crisis
- » Austrian Bank Hypo Noe Gruppe Opens Office in Sofia