Bulgaria's Plovdiv to Host Traditional Crafts Week 2014
Bulgaria's city of Plovdiv will host the 8th Traditional Crafts Week from 23 to 29 June, the Regional Ethnographic Museum announced.
For the 8th year in a row craftsmen from all around the country will demonstrate their skills in the picturesque courtyard of the house Koyumdzhioglu. The goal of the event is to preserve and promote traditional handicrafts and old master’s craft techniques.
All week long the masters of traditional crafts will present their skills at the courtyard of the Regional Ethnographic Museum (REM) – Plovdiv. Everyday at 11 o’clock there will be a special presentation of the displayed crafts: jewelry, cutlery, trade, candle manufacture, shepherd woodcarving, production of musical instruments, basketry, pottery, weaving, felt, etc.
On Tuesday, a reconstruction of the custom "Midsummer bride" (Enyova bulya) will be performed with chanting of flowers, intertwining herbs for the Enyovden large wreath of 77 herbs and a half. All guests can pass beneath it for health, prosperity and blessing.
The program of the Traditional Crafts Week can bee seen here.
- » Bulgarian-Finnish Documentary “Love&Engineering” Out in Bulgarian Cinemas
- » Uriah Heep to Perform in Bulgaria's Ruse on May 7
- » Translation of Bulgarian Novel Goes to 2016 PEN Prize Finals
- » Scorpions 50th Anniversary Tour to Include Sofia Concert on July 17
- » Sofia Film Fest 20th Edition to Take Place March10-31
- » Bulgaria's Pernik Hosts 25th Edition of Surva Masquerade Games