Bulgaria's Plovdiv to Host Traditional Crafts Week 2014
Bulgaria's city of Plovdiv will host the 8th Traditional Crafts Week from 23 to 29 June, the Regional Ethnographic Museum announced.
For the 8th year in a row craftsmen from all around the country will demonstrate their skills in the picturesque courtyard of the house Koyumdzhioglu. The goal of the event is to preserve and promote traditional handicrafts and old master’s craft techniques.
All week long the masters of traditional crafts will present their skills at the courtyard of the Regional Ethnographic Museum (REM) – Plovdiv. Everyday at 11 o’clock there will be a special presentation of the displayed crafts: jewelry, cutlery, trade, candle manufacture, shepherd woodcarving, production of musical instruments, basketry, pottery, weaving, felt, etc.
On Tuesday, a reconstruction of the custom "Midsummer bride" (Enyova bulya) will be performed with chanting of flowers, intertwining herbs for the Enyovden large wreath of 77 herbs and a half. All guests can pass beneath it for health, prosperity and blessing.
The program of the Traditional Crafts Week can bee seen here.
- » First Festival of Italian Cinema to Begin in Sofia on Tuesday
- » Bulgaria's National Art Gallery Square 500 Hosts Indonesian Batik, Bali Art Exhibition
- » Festival Italiano in Bulgaria 2016: Music, Cinema, Cuisine and Much More
- » European Night of Museums to Be Celebrated in Bulgaria on May 21
- » Bulgaria to Make Its Second Appearance at Eurovision Final on Saturday
- » Bulgaria's Poli Genova Proceeds to Eurovision Final