Bulgaria's Banking Sector is Safe – Banker
There is no risk of the domino effect in the banking system because of the Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB), said the chairman of the Bulgarian Bank Association Levon Hampartzumian.
Hampartzumian, who is also the CEO of UniCredit Bulbank told journalists, quoted by the BTA wire service, that there were no other Bulgarian banks at risk of similar problems.
“Everything is under control,” Hampartzumian said. “We don't have to worry when the situation is handled by the professionals at the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB).”
Last week BNB placed KTB under special supervision over exhaustion of liquidity.
- » Reuters: Bulgaria to Open Eurobond Sales Roadshow on 16 March
- » Bulgaria Coalition Member Demands FinMin's Resignation over New Debt
- » Bulgaria’s Gross External Debt Exceeded EUR 39.5 B in end-December 2014
- » Bulgaria’s Banking System Posts January Profit of BGN 121 M
- » Bulgarian Parliament Approves Issuing BGN 16 B Worth of New Debt
- » Bulgaria's Patriotic Front Opposes Ratification of New BGN 16 B Debt