Bulgaria's Banking Sector is Safe – Banker
There is no risk of the domino effect in the banking system because of the Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB), said the chairman of the Bulgarian Bank Association Levon Hampartzumian.
Hampartzumian, who is also the CEO of UniCredit Bulbank told journalists, quoted by the BTA wire service, that there were no other Bulgarian banks at risk of similar problems.
“Everything is under control,” Hampartzumian said. “We don't have to worry when the situation is handled by the professionals at the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB).”
Last week BNB placed KTB under special supervision over exhaustion of liquidity.
- » Time for Bulgaria to Join Euro Waiting Room - C-Bank Governor
- » Fitch Affirms Bulgaria's BBB- Rating
- » S&P Confirms 'Junk' Status of Bulgaria
- » European Parliament Approves EU Budget for 2017
- » BSP Threatens To Refer Budget 2017 to Constitutional Court
- » Annual Subsidy for Bulgarian Parties To Remain BGN 11 Per Valid Vote