Initial Damage Assessment of Flooded Veliko Tarnovo Runs Up To BGN 10M
The damages from the floods that hit Bulgaria's Veliko Tarnovo, Kilifarevo, Debelets and the nearby villages have been estimated at more than BGN 10M.
This amount includes damages to the infrastructure, people's homes, the Kilifarevski monastery, the Pass of the Republic and agricultural lands.
"These are the initial estimates. When we have the analysis of the commissions assessing the damage, which I expect to happen by the end of the day, we will announce the exact amount," the mayor of the municipality Daniel Panov said, as reported by Darik news.
The cleaning of the bridge in the Pass of the Republic, as well as the disinfection of the flooded houses and streets begins on Tuesday.
Daniel Panov has again urged residents of the municipality who are able to donate to do so. The flood victims need packaged foods such as rice, flour, pasta, as well as bedding, mattresses, household appliances, furniture. The donations can be made at three points in Veliko Tarnovo which will be open as of today.
- » Forest Fire Damage in Bulgaria since Jan 2015 Estimated at BGN 10 M
- » 'Socialist Beer' Adds Appeal to Traditional Buzludzha Fest
- » Bulgarian High School Students Win Gold, 2 Silver Medals at International Olympiad in Informatics
- » Inactivity Rate of Young People in Bulgaria at nearly 73% in 2014
- » Robbie Williams to Perform With His Father at Bulgaria's Spirit of Burgas
- » Bulgaria Will Have World's Most Rapidly Shrinking Population in Next 35 Years - UN