Initial Damage Assessment of Flooded Veliko Tarnovo Runs Up To BGN 10M
The damages from the floods that hit Bulgaria's Veliko Tarnovo, Kilifarevo, Debelets and the nearby villages have been estimated at more than BGN 10M.
This amount includes damages to the infrastructure, people's homes, the Kilifarevski monastery, the Pass of the Republic and agricultural lands.
"These are the initial estimates. When we have the analysis of the commissions assessing the damage, which I expect to happen by the end of the day, we will announce the exact amount," the mayor of the municipality Daniel Panov said, as reported by Darik news.
The cleaning of the bridge in the Pass of the Republic, as well as the disinfection of the flooded houses and streets begins on Tuesday.
Daniel Panov has again urged residents of the municipality who are able to donate to do so. The flood victims need packaged foods such as rice, flour, pasta, as well as bedding, mattresses, household appliances, furniture. The donations can be made at three points in Veliko Tarnovo which will be open as of today.
- » Bulgaria Granted Humanitarian Status to Ansbach Attacker in 2013
- » Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson to Open Plovdiv Salon of Arts in September
- » Motorway Crash Injures 21 Migrants in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Court Releases Migrant Hunter on Bail
- » New Sofia Metro Station Opens, Adding 15 000 Passengers
- » Azam Ali to Perform in Sofia in October