2 Children Drown in NE Bulgaria, Municipality Under State of Emergency
Two boys aged 13 and 15 have drowned near northeastern Bulgarian Tsani Ginchevo village, Shumen region on Monday evening.
The children decided to take a swim in the waters accumulated in the levee, built to protect the village from a possible overflow of the Karavelovo reservoir, the mayor Krasimir Georgiev informed. According to the firefighters who arrived on the scene, the water was freezing, Vesti.bg reports.
The village is located in the Nikola Kozlevo municipality which was put under a state of emergency as of Monday night.
The heavy rains in the last days formed two micro-dams in the municipality, one of them in the above-mentioned Tsani Ginchevo village which is at risk of flooding.
The other micro-dam is between Pet Mogili and Nikola Kozlevo and contains about 5 million cubic meters of water, Bulgarian National Radio reports.
The downpours have destroyed streets and have flooded homes and administrative buildings in the municipality. The risk of flooding is impending, the mayor said.
- » Cyclone "Albena" and the Snow are Going Away
- » The Actress Dafina Katsarska is One of the Two Women Found Dead in Plovdiv
- » Mother and a Daughter were Found Dead in Plovdiv
- » Extensive Guide for Upcoming Films in 2018 We are Excited About
- » Seamstresses from Dupnitsa Protest Because of Unpaid Wages
- » Precipitation to Continue in most of Bulgaria, Maximum Temperatures from -1°C to 4°C