Bulgarian Development Bank Vows No Disruptions to Lending to SMEs
The Bulgarian Development Bank (BDB) has issued a statement assuring that its capacity to provide credit to small and medium-sized businesses will remain unimpaired.
BDB came up with a media statement to disprove the false allegations that its potential participation in the stabilization of Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB) will happen at the expense of its core activity, namely providing credit to small and medium-sized enterprises.
"The Management Board of BDB categorically declares that the allegations are false. The process of providing credit to small and medium-sized enterprises continues," BDB stated.
"Apart from its own capital, BDB has attracted resources from international banks and partners which are to a large extent provided through programs for assisting small and medium-sized enterprises. This means that these resources can be used solely for providing credit to this business segment of the economy," BDB informed.
- » EU Bank Watchdog Urges Bulgaria to Ensure Instant Access to KTB Deposits
- » Conservators at Bulgaria’s Corpbank Submit Audit Report
- » Finance Ministry Reopens 10.5-Year Issue of BGN-Denominated Govt Securities
- » Tsvetan Vasilev: BNB Not Willing to Discuss Options to Restructure Corpbank
- » Russian Bank To Acquire Bank Victoria?
- » Bulgaria Posts EU's Largest Annual Deflation Rate in September