Bulgarian Development Bank Vows No Disruptions to Lending to SMEs
The Bulgarian Development Bank (BDB) has issued a statement assuring that its capacity to provide credit to small and medium-sized businesses will remain unimpaired.
BDB came up with a media statement to disprove the false allegations that its potential participation in the stabilization of Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB) will happen at the expense of its core activity, namely providing credit to small and medium-sized enterprises.
"The Management Board of BDB categorically declares that the allegations are false. The process of providing credit to small and medium-sized enterprises continues," BDB stated.
"Apart from its own capital, BDB has attracted resources from international banks and partners which are to a large extent provided through programs for assisting small and medium-sized enterprises. This means that these resources can be used solely for providing credit to this business segment of the economy," BDB informed.
- » Bulgaria Fin Min Expects 0.7% Budget Surplus as of End-August
- » Bulgaria Reports 0.9% Budget Surplus as of End-July
- » Bulgaria’s C-Bank to Replace BGN 2 Banknotes with BGN 2 Coins by end-2015
- » Bulgaria’s EconMin Proposing Tenfold Rise in Fuel Fraud Fines
- » Government Nominates C-Bank Head as Governor for Bulgaria in IMF
- » Foreign Direct Investment in Bulgaria Reaches Almost EUR 800 M in H1