Grigor Dimitrov Eases into Wimbledon Second Round
Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov qualified for the second round of the Wimbledon Grand Slam, after beating Ryan Harrison in three sets (7:6, 6:3, 6:2).
Only the first set proved to be a little more challenging for the 11th seed from Haskovo, who had to go through a tie break to take the lead. After a decisive 7-1 in the deciding game, the American could not keep up with his talented opponent.
At 3:2 in the second set, Dimitrov broke Harrison’s serve and didn’t let the lead slip. A quick start in the third set with a 3:0 lead ensured that the Bulgarian could save some energy for the upcoming matches in the tournament. The match lasted an hour and 41 minutes.
With this win, Dimitrov equaled his best performance in Wimbledon, but will be hoping to build on that and qualify for the third round.
- » Bulgarian Appointed as Coach of Maldives National Football Team
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Loses to Andy Murray in Australian Open 1/8 Finals
- » Grigor Dimitrov Beats Baghdatis, Reaches Australian Open 1/8 Finals
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Crashes Out of Australian Open
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Proceeds to Third Round in Melbourne
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Defeats Heather Watson in Australian Open First Round