Grigor Dimitrov Eases into Wimbledon Second Round
Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov qualified for the second round of the Wimbledon Grand Slam, after beating Ryan Harrison in three sets (7:6, 6:3, 6:2).
Only the first set proved to be a little more challenging for the 11th seed from Haskovo, who had to go through a tie break to take the lead. After a decisive 7-1 in the deciding game, the American could not keep up with his talented opponent.
At 3:2 in the second set, Dimitrov broke Harrison’s serve and didn’t let the lead slip. A quick start in the third set with a 3:0 lead ensured that the Bulgarian could save some energy for the upcoming matches in the tournament. The match lasted an hour and 41 minutes.
With this win, Dimitrov equaled his best performance in Wimbledon, but will be hoping to build on that and qualify for the third round.
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Reaches Her First 1/8 Final at Roland Garros
- » Bulgaria's Pironkova to Face Sloane Stephens in 3rd Round of Roland Garros
- » Bulgaria’s Tsvetana Pironkova Proceeds to Third Round of Roland Garros
- » CSKA Sofia Claims Bulgarian Cup in Historic Final
- » Two Bulgarian Mountaineers Ascend World's Fifth Highest Peak
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Remains Sole Bulgarian Representative at Roland Garros