US Investments Are Important to Bulgaria – PM Oresharski
Prime Minister Oresharski has assured Kenneth Hyatt, Deputy Undersecretary for International Trade at the US Department of Commerce that US investments are important for Bulgaria.
Oresharski and Hyatt discussed opportunities for intensifying trade an investments between Bulgaria and the US at a meeting on Monday at the government's headquarters in Sofia.
Hyatt, as cited by the press office of the Bulgarian government, noted that US investments in Bulgaria had grown by 10% in 2013 and was positive that the growth could increase in the future.
Oresharski drew attention to the potential for hi-tech development, adding that Bulgaria was very interested in this type of investments.
He also cited energy and certain sectors of machine building as attractive investment opportunities.
Commenting on gas supply diversification and the Southern Gas Corridor project, Oresharski informed that Bulgaria would speed up work on the Bulgaria-Greece gas grid interconnection.
He also mentioned the talks with US Westinghouse and the diversification of technologies in this sector.
Hyatt expressed support for US company Tishman International which was interested in building a national stadium in Bulgaria.
US Ambassador to Bulgaria Marcie Ries, who also attended the meeting, said transparency, dialogue and predictability were of utmost importance to the business sector.
- » US Chevron Interested in Reviving Burgas-Alexandroupolis Oil Pipeline – Transneft President
- » Bulgaria’s Tripartite Cooperation Council to Discuss Minimum Wage
- » Bulgaria Reopens 3-Y T-Note Issue at 0.68% Yield
- » Bulgaria Keen on Keeping Good Economic Ties with Russia, Lukarski Says
- » Bulgarian Scientists Foresee Economic Growth of 1.4 % in 2015
- » Additional BGN 15 M Needed for Sofia's Subway Extension