Lot 2 of Struma Motorway to Be Completed in March 2015
Lot 2 of the Struma motorway is to be ready in March 2015, according to Bulgarian Regional Development Minister Desislava Terzieva.
Speaking during an inspection of the motorway section on Monday, she said that her first impressions of the construction works were excellent and that everything was going to schedule.
Terzieva, as cited by investor.bg, said that there were 14 archaeological sites in Lot 2 (Dupnitsa – Blagoevgrad) for which a total of BGN 4.7 M had been allocated.
She said that the archaeological excavations were to be wrapped up by end-July at the latest.
Bulgaria's Regional Development Minister said that the project for Lot 2 envisaged four road junctions, including Dupnitsa-Yug, Boboshevo, Kocherinovo, and Blagoevgrad.
She announced that the deadline for the completion of Lot 4 of the Struma motorway (Sandanski – Kulata border crossing point) was October 2014, while the 15km tunnel in the Kresna Gorge for Lot 3 was still being designed.
In end-April, professional organizations in the sphere of construction and road safety insisted that the construction of the Kresna Gorge tunnel was unrealistic, inappropriate and economically unfeasible, stressing that it involved expensive construction works and annual maintenance costs of over BGN 50 M.
The contractor of Lot 2 is Struma-Lot 2 Consortium and the construction contract is worth nearly BGN 359 M, VAT included
The contractor of Lot 4 is Aktor ASD and the contract is worth over BGN 67 M, VAT included.
The Struma motorway is to be launched in 2022.
- » Bulgarian Industrial Capital Association Chair: Electricity Prices Can Remain Unchanged
- » Bulgaria's PM Lashes Out at Business Unions over Power Price Demands
- » HeidelbergCement Agrees to Acquire 45% Stake in Italcementi
- » Turkish Stream Could Suffer Delays, Russia Energy Min Admits
- » Amendments to Bulgaria’s Bank Insolvency Act Pass 2nd Reading in Parliament
- » Bulgarian Employers’ Associations, Trade Unions Protest Imminent Power Price Hike
Perhaps if the CONSTRUCTION COMPANY When contracted to build the road were held responsible for the road for a period of time to show that it has been CONSTRUCTED correctly and to specification ,then they MAY NOT CUT SO MANY CORNERS USING LOWER GRADE MATERIALS AND NOT MAKING THE FOUNDATION OF THE ROADS TO THE REQUIRED SPECS ,
Resurfacing of roads ,taking the top off to a depth of 5cm and then covering it with cement or tar is only wasting money as the foundation is the part that gives way and then it all has to be done over again .you can see this type of repair work going on all over the country .
Of course if the workers got paid they to may do the job a little better but that is up for debate .
There appears to be NO PRIDE in any work done just take money when you can get it and run.
If it's due to be opened in 2022, no doubt most of it will have fallen apart before that happens.....
As for the rest of the road (and other) infrastructure, sadly it's all falling to pieces due to just one thing: Corruption (physical, moral and financial).......