Volunteers Much Needed in Flooded Varna's Asparuhovo District
The municipal administration of the flood-stricken city of Varna is calling for volunteers to continue clearing of the area during the workweek.
"Due to the start of the workweek, the number of volunteers involved in the cleaning of the Asparuhovo district has dropped dramatically," the municipal press center says.
The city district, which suffered extensive damages in the floods last Thursday, still needs people to help in the cleanup operations after the tragedy, the message on the official Varna Municipality website reads.
Varna Municipality asks citizens who are able and willing to engage in the reconstruction works in the area to turn to the district administration office in Asparuhovo.
The Municipal Crisis Staff has also reported a shortage of sunscreen, hats, shovels and boots.
- » Train Crash in Germany Leaves at Least Several Dead
- » Egypt's 'Indiana Jones' to Reveal Details of Tutankhamun's Death in Sofia Lecture
- » Romanian Man Dies in Skiing Accident in Bulgaria’s Bansko
- » Two Migrants Die from Cold Exposure near Bulgaria’s Border with Turkey
- » Magnitude-3.0 Earthquake Shakes Bulgaria’s Smolyan Region
- » Bulgaria Warns of Potentially Dangerous Rainfall in Burgas Region