Volunteers Much Needed in Flooded Varna's Asparuhovo District
The municipal administration of the flood-stricken city of Varna is calling for volunteers to continue clearing of the area during the workweek.
"Due to the start of the workweek, the number of volunteers involved in the cleaning of the Asparuhovo district has dropped dramatically," the municipal press center says.
The city district, which suffered extensive damages in the floods last Thursday, still needs people to help in the cleanup operations after the tragedy, the message on the official Varna Municipality website reads.
Varna Municipality asks citizens who are able and willing to engage in the reconstruction works in the area to turn to the district administration office in Asparuhovo.
The Municipal Crisis Staff has also reported a shortage of sunscreen, hats, shovels and boots.
- » Robbie Williams to Perform With His Father at Bulgaria's Spirit of Burgas
- » Bulgaria Will Have World's Most Rapidly Shrinking Population in Next 35 Years - UN
- » Thracian Treasures Return to Bulgaria After Exhibition in Louvre
- » Temperatures in Bulgaria to Exceed 40 Degrees as Heat Wave Reaches Its Peak
- » Youth Unemployment in Bulgaria Drops to 17.7% in 2014
- » Bulgarian Air Force Pilatus PC-12 Safely Lands on Belly, No Injuries Reported