German Students, Foreign Volunteers Help Victims of Flood Hit Varna
Dozens of German students came to the assistance of the victims in Bulgaria's flood ravaged port city of Varna.
The students are among the many local and foreign volunteers helping in the destroyed district of Asparuhovo, Bulgarian private BTV reported, Monday.
"I help because people need help. I can not do much, but together we can,” one of the German students said adding that she and her friends found out about the need for volunteers through the social network Facebook and immediately decided to respond.
Frank Abas of the Paisiy Hilendarski Association has organized nearly 40 foreigners who want to help people in Asparuhovo. According to him, people there need food and water and it is important that everyone lends a helping hand now.
The devastating downpours that hit northeastern Bulgaria on Thursday have claimed the lives of 11 people in Varna and one in Dobrich, flooding houses, businesses and agricultural areas.
- » Jerusalem Post: A Bulgarian Love Affair with Israel
- » Ukrainians Clash with Locals over Bulgarian Dog Spinning Ritual
- » Bulgarian Town Residents to Demonstrate in Support of Syrian Refugees
- » Introduction of Fingerprint Identification in Outpatient Sector Postponed
- » The Duisburg Casino in Germany Turns 10
- » Flu Peak in Bulgaria Expected in April