German Students, Foreign Volunteers Help Victims of Flood Hit Varna
Dozens of German students came to the assistance of the victims in Bulgaria's flood ravaged port city of Varna.
The students are among the many local and foreign volunteers helping in the destroyed district of Asparuhovo, Bulgarian private BTV reported, Monday.
"I help because people need help. I can not do much, but together we can,” one of the German students said adding that she and her friends found out about the need for volunteers through the social network Facebook and immediately decided to respond.
Frank Abas of the Paisiy Hilendarski Association has organized nearly 40 foreigners who want to help people in Asparuhovo. According to him, people there need food and water and it is important that everyone lends a helping hand now.
The devastating downpours that hit northeastern Bulgaria on Thursday have claimed the lives of 11 people in Varna and one in Dobrich, flooding houses, businesses and agricultural areas.
- » Bulgarian High School Students Win Gold, 2 Silver Medals at International Olympiad in Informatics
- » Inactivity Rate of Young People in Bulgaria at nearly 73% in 2014
- » Robbie Williams to Perform With His Father at Bulgaria's Spirit of Burgas
- » Bulgaria Will Have World's Most Rapidly Shrinking Population in Next 35 Years - UN
- » Thracian Treasures Return to Bulgaria After Exhibition in Louvre
- » Temperatures in Bulgaria to Exceed 40 Degrees as Heat Wave Reaches Its Peak