German Students, Foreign Volunteers Help Victims of Flood Hit Varna
Dozens of German students came to the assistance of the victims in Bulgaria's flood ravaged port city of Varna.
The students are among the many local and foreign volunteers helping in the destroyed district of Asparuhovo, Bulgarian private BTV reported, Monday.
"I help because people need help. I can not do much, but together we can,” one of the German students said adding that she and her friends found out about the need for volunteers through the social network Facebook and immediately decided to respond.
Frank Abas of the Paisiy Hilendarski Association has organized nearly 40 foreigners who want to help people in Asparuhovo. According to him, people there need food and water and it is important that everyone lends a helping hand now.
The devastating downpours that hit northeastern Bulgaria on Thursday have claimed the lives of 11 people in Varna and one in Dobrich, flooding houses, businesses and agricultural areas.
- » Rainfall, Winds Expected in Bulgaria on Wednesday
- » Search Team Finds Dead Body of Missing Young Man in Bulgaria’s Maritsa River
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Provides BGN 26 M to Municipalities for Education
- » Body of Girl Found Nearly Month After She Went Missing in Danube River Near Bulgaria's Silistra
- » Man Dies After Pursuit with Police in Bulgaria's Plovdiv
- » Authorities Lift Bathing Ban on Beach in Bulgaria's Varna