Bulgaria's Health Fund Deficit to Reach BGN 0.5 B by End-2014
National Health Insurance Fund (NZOK)'s overdraft is expected to be BGN 491 M (EUR 245.5 M), a financial report at the institution reveals.
It shows a BGN 91 M increase of the deficit compared to previous estimates.
Under the current budget framework, NZOK is likely to fail to allocate BGN 329 M of payments to hospitals and BGN 96 M for household medications (BGN 48 M of which for oncological diseases), public broadcaster BNR cites the health fund's latest document.
Last week Bulgarian Medical Association Chair Tsvetan Raychinov called on the Council of Ministers to urgently revise NZOK's budget and are demanding talks with Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski to discuss this and other issues in the healthcare system.
Raychinov then warned the fund's money would end in September.
- » German Transplant Patient to Receive Liver from Bulgarian Donor
- » Unlicensed Dentist Treats Patients in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Citizens Cover 46% of Health Expenses
- » Bulgaria's Gov't Could Provide BGN 225 M for Health Fund - FinMin
- » Half Million Bulgarians Admitted in Emergency Care Units Since January
- » Bulgaria's Prime Minister Sees 'No Need' to Update Health Budget