Bulgaria's Health Fund Deficit to Reach BGN 0.5 B by End-2014
National Health Insurance Fund (NZOK)'s overdraft is expected to be BGN 491 M (EUR 245.5 M), a financial report at the institution reveals.
It shows a BGN 91 M increase of the deficit compared to previous estimates.
Under the current budget framework, NZOK is likely to fail to allocate BGN 329 M of payments to hospitals and BGN 96 M for household medications (BGN 48 M of which for oncological diseases), public broadcaster BNR cites the health fund's latest document.
Last week Bulgarian Medical Association Chair Tsvetan Raychinov called on the Council of Ministers to urgently revise NZOK's budget and are demanding talks with Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski to discuss this and other issues in the healthcare system.
Raychinov then warned the fund's money would end in September.
- » Emergency Medical Aid To Be Provided Within 30 Minutes
- » Bulgaria's Nuclear Institute: New Cyclotron To Become Operational in 2 Years
- » Bulgaria Ransk Last in Europe in Terms of Organ Donors
- » Bulgaria Owes BGN 95 M for Treatment of Bulgarian Patients in EU
- » Bulgaria's Health Insurance Fund To End 2016 With BGN 50 M Deficit
- » Bulgaria Ranks 5th in Europe in Childhood Obesity