Bulgaria's Flood Damaged Infrastructure Renovation to Cost BGN 10-15M
The renovation of the infrastructure destroyed by the floods in northeastern Bulgaria will cost between BGN 10 and 15M, according to the Road Infrastructure Agency estimates.
The Pass of the Republic connecting Veliko Tarnovo and Gurkovo will by open for traffic in a month or possibly earlier, Stefan Chaykov, chair of the management board of the Road Infrastructure Agency (RIA) told Bulgarian National Radio.
"The company maintaining the region is working at full capacity, however I will not allow any traffic in the presence of the slightest risk for vehicles, because besides the damaged bridge near Kilifarevo, there are also collapsing cliffs which must be completely secured,” he said.
"The RIA experts will prepare the final damage assessment by the end of the day. Once the funding is guaranteed, we can begin the renovation work," Stefan Chaikov explained.
- » Bulgaria Records Budget Surplus of BGN 63.9 M as of End October
- » Parliamentary Committee Approves Bulgaria's 2016 Draft Budget
- » Bulgarian PM Calls on Mayors to Increase Taxes Due to Rising Security Expenditures
- » Bulgaria MPs to Vote on 2016 Budget This Week
- » Bulgaria Backs Nord Stream-2, Standing Up for Own Gas Hub Project
- » Liberalization of Energy Market in Bulgaria Likely to Lead to Power Price Hike