Bulgaria's Flood Damaged Infrastructure Renovation to Cost BGN 10-15M
The renovation of the infrastructure destroyed by the floods in northeastern Bulgaria will cost between BGN 10 and 15M, according to the Road Infrastructure Agency estimates.
The Pass of the Republic connecting Veliko Tarnovo and Gurkovo will by open for traffic in a month or possibly earlier, Stefan Chaykov, chair of the management board of the Road Infrastructure Agency (RIA) told Bulgarian National Radio.
"The company maintaining the region is working at full capacity, however I will not allow any traffic in the presence of the slightest risk for vehicles, because besides the damaged bridge near Kilifarevo, there are also collapsing cliffs which must be completely secured,” he said.
"The RIA experts will prepare the final damage assessment by the end of the day. Once the funding is guaranteed, we can begin the renovation work," Stefan Chaikov explained.
- » Bulgaria Registers Negative Balance of Trade with EU in January-July
- » Turkish Arkomat to Open Second Wire Harness Production Plant in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian FinMin Foresees More Spending on Defence, Education in 2016 Budget
- » 'Bulgaria's Oligarchs Are the Politicians,' KTB Owner Vasilev Says
- » Bulgaria Not Planning to Nationalize AES, ContourGlobal TPPs, Energy Min Says
- » Deputy PM Identifies Most Prospective Sectors of Bulgarian Economy