EU Commissioner Kristalina Georgieva Visits Flood-Stricken Varna
EU Commissioner Kristalina Georgieva has spoken personally with Commissioner Johannes Hahn regarding the deadly floods that hit northeastern Bulgaria.
“Johannes Hahn has assured me that there will be funds allocated to the flood victims,” EU Commissioner for International Cooperation, Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Response, Kristalina Georgieva told BGNES.
The funding under OP Environment which is currently suspended is one of the few opportunities for Bulgaria to receive aid from the European Commission, Georgieva added.
"The situation in Varna is tragic. I am glad that the people have come together to overcome the damages caused by the disaster," Commissioner Georgieva said after arriving in the Black Sea city on Saturday.
- » Bulgarian Court Releases Migrant Hunter on Bail
- » New Sofia Metro Station Opens, Adding 15 000 Passengers
- » Azam Ali to Perform in Sofia in October
- » Bulgaria Filed 5 User Data Requests with Google in 2015
- » Strong Winds Expected in Bulgaria on Monday
- » State of Emergency Remains after Flood in Bulgaria's Rozino