EU Commissioner Kristalina Georgieva Visits Flood-Stricken Varna
EU Commissioner Kristalina Georgieva has spoken personally with Commissioner Johannes Hahn regarding the deadly floods that hit northeastern Bulgaria.
“Johannes Hahn has assured me that there will be funds allocated to the flood victims,” EU Commissioner for International Cooperation, Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Response, Kristalina Georgieva told BGNES.
The funding under OP Environment which is currently suspended is one of the few opportunities for Bulgaria to receive aid from the European Commission, Georgieva added.
"The situation in Varna is tragic. I am glad that the people have come together to overcome the damages caused by the disaster," Commissioner Georgieva said after arriving in the Black Sea city on Saturday.
- » Anti-Discrimination Protest to Be Held in Sofia over 'Racist Remarks' of Gov't
- » Cyprus Returns Smuggled Jewellery Items to Bulgaria
- » Maglizh Ammo Plant Blast Caused by Breakdown - Interior Ministry
- » Bulgarian Ammo Plant Blast Leaves 1 Dead, 3 Wounded, Officials Confirm
- » Bulgarian MPs Pass BGN 3 B Healthcare Budget
- » Protesters Demand Resignation of Bulgaria's Finance Minister