Over BGN 500,000 Raised for Flood-Affected Bulgarians
A nationwide campaign has raised more than BGN 500,000 for the victims of the floods in northeastern Bulgaria, Saturday.
The money has been raised through sms donations containing the text "DMS VARNA" to the short code 17 777 and will be used to aid all flood-hit areas in the country.
The torrential rains that hit northeastern Bulgaria on Thursday have claimed the lives of 11 people in Varna and 3 in Dobrich, flooding houses, businesses and agricultural areas.
The price of a short text message "DMS VARNA" to short code 17 777 is BGN 1 and they are VAT-free.
- » 4 People Dead, 15 Injured in Road Accidents During the Past Day
- » Code Yellow Warning Issued Over Heavy Rain in 18 Bulgarian Districts
- » 3 People Dead, 23 Injured in Road Accidents During Past Day
- » 100 Bulgarian Books Were Introduced to the Library of Congress in Washington D.C
- » Bulgarian Christians Celebrate Ascension of Christ
- » International Poetry Festival Begins Today in Plovdiv