Over BGN 500,000 Raised for Flood-Affected Bulgarians
A nationwide campaign has raised more than BGN 500,000 for the victims of the floods in northeastern Bulgaria, Saturday.
The money has been raised through sms donations containing the text "DMS VARNA" to the short code 17 777 and will be used to aid all flood-hit areas in the country.
The torrential rains that hit northeastern Bulgaria on Thursday have claimed the lives of 11 people in Varna and 3 in Dobrich, flooding houses, businesses and agricultural areas.
The price of a short text message "DMS VARNA" to short code 17 777 is BGN 1 and they are VAT-free.
- » Strong South Winds Expected in Bulgaria Saturday
- » US Film Director Ted Kotcheff Applies for Bulgarian Citizenship
- » Bulgarian-Finnish Documentary “Love&Engineering” Out in Bulgarian Cinemas
- » Public Trust in Bulgarian Media Further Down in 2015 - Survey
- » Uriah Heep to Perform in Bulgaria's Ruse on May 7
- » Bulgarian Government Approves National Youth Programme