Over BGN 500,000 Raised for Flood-Affected Bulgarians
A nationwide campaign has raised more than BGN 500,000 for the victims of the floods in northeastern Bulgaria, Saturday.
The money has been raised through sms donations containing the text "DMS VARNA" to the short code 17 777 and will be used to aid all flood-hit areas in the country.
The torrential rains that hit northeastern Bulgaria on Thursday have claimed the lives of 11 people in Varna and 3 in Dobrich, flooding houses, businesses and agricultural areas.
The price of a short text message "DMS VARNA" to short code 17 777 is BGN 1 and they are VAT-free.
- » Bulgaria's SAC Revokes Fingerprint Identification for Hospital Patients
- » MIHALKOVO: the Only Company For Naturally Aerated Water in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Marks World Theater Day with Ikar Awards
- » Bulgaria Switches Back to Daylight Saving Time on Sunday Morning
- » Orthodox Bulgaria Celebrates Annunciation
- » Earth Hour Campaign Will be Marked For The 10th Time