Over BGN 500,000 Raised for Flood-Affected Bulgarians
A nationwide campaign has raised more than BGN 500,000 for the victims of the floods in northeastern Bulgaria, Saturday.
The money has been raised through sms donations containing the text "DMS VARNA" to the short code 17 777 and will be used to aid all flood-hit areas in the country.
The torrential rains that hit northeastern Bulgaria on Thursday have claimed the lives of 11 people in Varna and 3 in Dobrich, flooding houses, businesses and agricultural areas.
The price of a short text message "DMS VARNA" to short code 17 777 is BGN 1 and they are VAT-free.
- » Bulgarian Citizens Cover 46% of Health Expenses
- » Nearly 80 Thousand Migrants Arrived in Europe by Sea in H1 2014
- » Bulgaria Ranks 58th by Human Development Index
- » Reporters Without Borders Slam Amendments to BG Penal Code on Banks
- » Private Companies to Organize Driving License Tests – Agency Head
- » Bulgarian Police Is Looking For A German Citizen