Over BGN 500,000 Raised for Flood-Affected Bulgarians
A nationwide campaign has raised more than BGN 500,000 for the victims of the floods in northeastern Bulgaria, Saturday.
The money has been raised through sms donations containing the text "DMS VARNA" to the short code 17 777 and will be used to aid all flood-hit areas in the country.
The torrential rains that hit northeastern Bulgaria on Thursday have claimed the lives of 11 people in Varna and 3 in Dobrich, flooding houses, businesses and agricultural areas.
The price of a short text message "DMS VARNA" to short code 17 777 is BGN 1 and they are VAT-free.
- » Thunderstorms, Heavy Rains Hit Balkan States in Early September
- » 424 Refugee Children in Bulgaria Unable to Go to School
- » 2.8-Strong Earthquake Jolts Bulgaria's Pernik
- » Bison Dies in Sofia Zoo
- » Bulgaria’s Prison Officers Stage National Protest
- » Trained Taxi Drivers to Help Paramedics in Bulgaria’s Sofia