Urgent Food Safety Inspections Begin in Flooded Regions
Inspectors from Bulgarian Regional Food Safety Directorates in the floods-damaged areas are taking urgent measures to prevent food-borne illnesses and infectious animal diseases.
The production, storage and marketing sites for wholesale and retail foods will be inspected in order to prevent any foodstuffs unsafe for human consumption to enter the markets, Nova Tv reports.
Any spoiled or contaminated food will be disposed under the existing legislation on food safety.
- » Sofia Patient with 'Ebola' Symptoms Infected with Malaria
- » Bulgaria Health Minister Urges Increased Awareness of Ebola Risk
- » Sofia Patient Uninfected with Ebola, Tests Show
- » Patient With Ebola-Like Symptoms Hospitalised In Sofia, Officials Doubt Ebola Version
- » Bulgaria’s Health Minister to Submit Reform Plan by end-November
- » Bulgarian MPs Pass Overhaul of Healthcare Budget