Urgent Food Safety Inspections Begin in Flooded Regions
Inspectors from Bulgarian Regional Food Safety Directorates in the floods-damaged areas are taking urgent measures to prevent food-borne illnesses and infectious animal diseases.
The production, storage and marketing sites for wholesale and retail foods will be inspected in order to prevent any foodstuffs unsafe for human consumption to enter the markets, Nova Tv reports.
Any spoiled or contaminated food will be disposed under the existing legislation on food safety.
- » Bulgaria’s PM: Hospitals Will Remain On No-Privatization List
- » Bulgaria’s Health Ministry Mulls 3-10% Tax on Junk Food
- » Turkey Gives 100,000 Vaccines to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria, Romania to Order Expensive Medicines Jointly as of end-2015
- » Bulgaria Has Second Highest Number of Smokers in EU
- » Bulgaria Has Fifth Largest Share of Obese Children in Europe – WHO