Flood Death Toll in Bulgaria's Dobrich Rises to Three
A third victim was reported in Dobrich after torrential rains caused tremendous floods in the northeastern Bulgarian town, Mayor Detelina Nikolova said.
Authorities have admitted they are still trying to get hold of what they described as a "complicated" situation in the town.
Rains were ongoing in Dobrich as of 16:30 local time (14:30 GMT), with a state of emergency still in force, the Bulgarian National Radio quotes state representatives as saying.
Huge parts of the town are still under water, with large-scale evacuations being carried out in the low-lying parts the region to protect citizens and tourists.
The tragic developments follow hours of heavy downpours which also left ten people dead in Varna's Asparuhovo district and flooded Central and Northeastern Bulgaria.
Veliko Tarnovo, a city in the north-central region of Bulgaria, has also declared a state of emergency.
- » Bulgarian Movie Viktoria Released in the US
- » Bulgaria Has Second Highest Number of Smokers in EU
- » Preview of Game of Thrones Episode Featuring Zahari Baharov Now Released
- » Rudimental, Ella Eyre to Perform for Sofia Music Fans
- » Popovi Livadi Becomes Bulgaria's Newest Village
- » Illegal Constructions in Plovdiv's Stolipinovo to be Removed