Bulgarian Community in Cyprus Raises Funds for Flood-Hit Compatriots
The Bulgarian community in Cyprus has launched a fundraising campaign to help the flood-hit areas in Bulgaria, Friday.
Charity boxes have been placed in all Bulgarian stores in Nicosia, Larnaca, Limassol and Paralimni, as well as in the Consular Section at the Embassy of Bulgaria in Nicosia, and the Bulgarian school.
The funds will be transferred to the newly opened bank account of the Bulgarian Red Cross, Bulgarian National Radio informs.
A church service and a memorial service for the victims in the floods in Bulgaria will be held on Sunday in Cyprus.
- » Summer Floods Caused Damages Amounting to EUR 400 M
- » Bulgarian Customs Prevent Smuggling of Two Million European Eels
- » Mountain Rescuers Warn of Avalanches in Ski Resorts, Frostbite
- » Extreme Cold, Strong Winds Grip Bulgaria for New Year
- » Code Yellow Warning in Bulgaria for Snow, Gale-Force Winds
- » Bulgaria Warns of Snowfall, Rising River Levels