Bulgarian Community in Cyprus Raises Funds for Flood-Hit Compatriots
The Bulgarian community in Cyprus has launched a fundraising campaign to help the flood-hit areas in Bulgaria, Friday.
Charity boxes have been placed in all Bulgarian stores in Nicosia, Larnaca, Limassol and Paralimni, as well as in the Consular Section at the Embassy of Bulgaria in Nicosia, and the Bulgarian school.
The funds will be transferred to the newly opened bank account of the Bulgarian Red Cross, Bulgarian National Radio informs.
A church service and a memorial service for the victims in the floods in Bulgaria will be held on Sunday in Cyprus.
- » Code Yellow Over Strong Wind Issued in 4 Bulgarian Districts
- » Bulgarian Environment Ministry Warns of Possible Flash Floods
- » 6 Bulgarian Districts under Code Orange Weather Alert over Heavy Rains
- » Sofia Mayor Orders Constant Monitoring of Waterbodies Over Heavy Rainfalls
- » 4 Bulgarian Districts under Code Orange Alert due to Heavy Rains
- » Berkovitsa Dam Overflowing since Monday, No Risk for People – Mayor