Bulgarian Community in Cyprus Raises Funds for Flood-Hit Compatriots
The Bulgarian community in Cyprus has launched a fundraising campaign to help the flood-hit areas in Bulgaria, Friday.
Charity boxes have been placed in all Bulgarian stores in Nicosia, Larnaca, Limassol and Paralimni, as well as in the Consular Section at the Embassy of Bulgaria in Nicosia, and the Bulgarian school.
The funds will be transferred to the newly opened bank account of the Bulgarian Red Cross, Bulgarian National Radio informs.
A church service and a memorial service for the victims in the floods in Bulgaria will be held on Sunday in Cyprus.
- » WWF: Global Wildlife Population Dropped by 50% in 40 Years
- » Code Yellow For Bad Weather Declared Along Sea Coast
- » Heavy Rains Expected in 8 Bulgarian Districts on Friday
- » Bulgarian Environmentalists Hold Protests Against Shale Gas
- » Eco Experts: Bulgaria's Zoos Don't Cover EU Standards
- » Annual Revenues from Illegal Logging in Bulgaria at BGN 100 M - WWF