Bulgarian Community in Cyprus Raises Funds for Flood-Hit Compatriots
The Bulgarian community in Cyprus has launched a fundraising campaign to help the flood-hit areas in Bulgaria, Friday.
Charity boxes have been placed in all Bulgarian stores in Nicosia, Larnaca, Limassol and Paralimni, as well as in the Consular Section at the Embassy of Bulgaria in Nicosia, and the Bulgarian school.
The funds will be transferred to the newly opened bank account of the Bulgarian Red Cross, Bulgarian National Radio informs.
A church service and a memorial service for the victims in the floods in Bulgaria will be held on Sunday in Cyprus.
- » Abundant Rainfall Causes Flooding in Bulgaria's Kazanlak
- » Earthquake near Sandanski Jolts Southwestern Bulgaria
- » Heavy Rains, Thunderstorms Expected in Western Bulgaria on Friday
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Issues Rain, Thunderstorm Warning
- » Divers Get 1 T of Waste Out of Waters Near St Anastasia Island
- » State of Emergency Declared in Bulgaria’s Northwest Due to Overflowing Dams