Bulgarian Community in Cyprus Raises Funds for Flood-Hit Compatriots
The Bulgarian community in Cyprus has launched a fundraising campaign to help the flood-hit areas in Bulgaria, Friday.
Charity boxes have been placed in all Bulgarian stores in Nicosia, Larnaca, Limassol and Paralimni, as well as in the Consular Section at the Embassy of Bulgaria in Nicosia, and the Bulgarian school.
The funds will be transferred to the newly opened bank account of the Bulgarian Red Cross, Bulgarian National Radio informs.
A church service and a memorial service for the victims in the floods in Bulgaria will be held on Sunday in Cyprus.
- » Code Yellow Alert Issued in Bulgaria over Heavy Downpours
- » Bulgaria Gives Green Light to Archaeological Research by Greek Ship Aegaeo
- » Sofia Boasts First Grass-Covered Tram Tracks
- » Code Orange Alert Issued for Bulgaria on Monday over Rain, Thunderstorms
- » Large Areas of Bulgaria at Risk of Wildifires on Sunday
- » Life as Seen through the Eyes of 2 Egyptian Vultures