Bulgarian Community in Cyprus Raises Funds for Flood-Hit Compatriots
The Bulgarian community in Cyprus has launched a fundraising campaign to help the flood-hit areas in Bulgaria, Friday.
Charity boxes have been placed in all Bulgarian stores in Nicosia, Larnaca, Limassol and Paralimni, as well as in the Consular Section at the Embassy of Bulgaria in Nicosia, and the Bulgarian school.
The funds will be transferred to the newly opened bank account of the Bulgarian Red Cross, Bulgarian National Radio informs.
A church service and a memorial service for the victims in the floods in Bulgaria will be held on Sunday in Cyprus.
- » 18 Bulgarian Cities Have 'Extremely Polluted' Air
- » Bulgaria Ranks Poorly In Climate Change Performance Index
- » Extreme Weather Warnings Issued For Tuesday
- » Situation in Bulgaria's Flooded Regions Remains Adverse
- » Minor 2.5-Magnitude Earthquake Registered in Sofia
- » Emergency Remains in Part of SE Bulgaria, Villages in North Covered in Ice