Bulgarian Community in Cyprus Raises Funds for Flood-Hit Compatriots
The Bulgarian community in Cyprus has launched a fundraising campaign to help the flood-hit areas in Bulgaria, Friday.
Charity boxes have been placed in all Bulgarian stores in Nicosia, Larnaca, Limassol and Paralimni, as well as in the Consular Section at the Embassy of Bulgaria in Nicosia, and the Bulgarian school.
The funds will be transferred to the newly opened bank account of the Bulgarian Red Cross, Bulgarian National Radio informs.
A church service and a memorial service for the victims in the floods in Bulgaria will be held on Sunday in Cyprus.
- » First Snow Falls in Bulgaria's Northwest
- » Minor Jolts Registered in SW Bulgaria
- » Minor 2.8-Magnitude Earthquake Rocks Southwestern Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Village of Belozem Declares State of Emergency
- » Bulgarian Authorities Issue Red Code Over Heavy Rain, Strong Winds in Burgas
- » 15 Districts in Bulgaria under ‘Code Yellow’ Weather Alert over Heavy Rain