Bulgarian Community in Cyprus Raises Funds for Flood-Hit Compatriots
The Bulgarian community in Cyprus has launched a fundraising campaign to help the flood-hit areas in Bulgaria, Friday.
Charity boxes have been placed in all Bulgarian stores in Nicosia, Larnaca, Limassol and Paralimni, as well as in the Consular Section at the Embassy of Bulgaria in Nicosia, and the Bulgarian school.
The funds will be transferred to the newly opened bank account of the Bulgarian Red Cross, Bulgarian National Radio informs.
A church service and a memorial service for the victims in the floods in Bulgaria will be held on Sunday in Cyprus.
- » Up to 200 out of 700 Houses in Flood-Hit Mizia Are Still Inhabitable
- » 5.1 Earthquake Hits Greek Chalkidiki Peninsula
- » Minor 2.9-Magnitude Earthquake Registered West of Bulgaria's Smolyan
- » WWF Launches River Conservation Campaign in Bulgaria
- » Minor 2.4-Magnitude Earthquake Reported in Southern Bulgaria
- » Brightest Supermoon in 2 Decades to Be Observed Sunday