Bulgarian Community in Cyprus Raises Funds for Flood-Hit Compatriots
The Bulgarian community in Cyprus has launched a fundraising campaign to help the flood-hit areas in Bulgaria, Friday.
Charity boxes have been placed in all Bulgarian stores in Nicosia, Larnaca, Limassol and Paralimni, as well as in the Consular Section at the Embassy of Bulgaria in Nicosia, and the Bulgarian school.
The funds will be transferred to the newly opened bank account of the Bulgarian Red Cross, Bulgarian National Radio informs.
A church service and a memorial service for the victims in the floods in Bulgaria will be held on Sunday in Cyprus.
- » EU Greenhouse Gas Emissions Dropped by Almost 2% in 2013
- » Thousands Suffer Power Cuts, Blackouts After Bulgaria's First Snow
- » Bulgaria’s Burgas Calls Off State of Emergency after Weekend of Heavy Rain
- » Heavy Snow, Rain Cause Chaos Throughout Bulgaria
- » Code Orange Issued in 17 Bulgarian Districts Over First Snow
- » Bulgaria's Osam, Vit Rivers Water Levels Increasing Due to Heavy Rains