EC Vows Assistance for Flood-Affected Areas in Bulgaria
The European Commission is ready to mobilize all available instruments in the EU to support the people affected by the floods in Bulgaria, according to EC President Jose Barroso.
In a statement to Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev, Barroso expressed solidarity with the people and the authorities in Bulgaria in connection with the dramatic consequences of the floods in the eastern part of the country which resulted in loss of human life.
The heavy rain which hit the region on Thursday claimed at least 12 lives, including two children.
The city of Varna reported 10 victims and the city of Dobrich 2, with 3 people still missing, according to Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev.
- » Bulgarian PM Discusses Energy Projects at EU Council
- » EU Provides Financial Aid for Integration of Immigrants in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Gets Nod for EUR 2 B in EU Funding for Transport Projects
- » More Than Half of Bulgarians Have Positive Image of EU – Eurobarometer
- » Bulgaria to Get EUR 10.5 M Disaster Aid from EU
- » German Chancellor Promises Help, to Send Experts to Bulgaria