EC Vows Assistance for Flood-Affected Areas in Bulgaria
The European Commission is ready to mobilize all available instruments in the EU to support the people affected by the floods in Bulgaria, according to EC President Jose Barroso.
In a statement to Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev, Barroso expressed solidarity with the people and the authorities in Bulgaria in connection with the dramatic consequences of the floods in the eastern part of the country which resulted in loss of human life.
The heavy rain which hit the region on Thursday claimed at least 12 lives, including two children.
The city of Varna reported 10 victims and the city of Dobrich 2, with 3 people still missing, according to Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev.
- » Bulgaria Loses Most Revenues From Illicit Cigarettes Sales in EU
- » Bulgaria Considering Anti-Arms Trafficking Centre to Boost EU Security
- » Bulgarian Village Protests against Landfill Project near Historic Monument
- » Bulgaria's Justice Minister Visits Romania to Discuss Anti-Graft Policies
- » EU Funds Act to Ensure Sustainability, Accountability - Bulgaria’s Deputy PM
- » Bulgaria Has Absorbed EU Funding for Transport Infrastructure of EUR 1.5 B