EC Vows Assistance for Flood-Affected Areas in Bulgaria
The European Commission is ready to mobilize all available instruments in the EU to support the people affected by the floods in Bulgaria, according to EC President Jose Barroso.
In a statement to Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev, Barroso expressed solidarity with the people and the authorities in Bulgaria in connection with the dramatic consequences of the floods in the eastern part of the country which resulted in loss of human life.
The heavy rain which hit the region on Thursday claimed at least 12 lives, including two children.
The city of Varna reported 10 victims and the city of Dobrich 2, with 3 people still missing, according to Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev.
- » Justice Minister Expects Negative EC Report on Judiciary
- » EU Commission to Go On with CVM Reports on Bulgaria, Romania
- » Romania Could Outpace Bulgaria in Schengen Accession - Deputy PM
- » Bulgaria Runs Huge Risk of Losing EU Funds - Deputy PM
- » European Commission OKs 39 New Operational Programs, None of Them Bulgarian
- » Bulgaria to Seek Long-Term Loan for 240-km Section of Hemus Motorway