EC Vows Assistance for Flood-Affected Areas in Bulgaria
The European Commission is ready to mobilize all available instruments in the EU to support the people affected by the floods in Bulgaria, according to EC President Jose Barroso.
In a statement to Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev, Barroso expressed solidarity with the people and the authorities in Bulgaria in connection with the dramatic consequences of the floods in the eastern part of the country which resulted in loss of human life.
The heavy rain which hit the region on Thursday claimed at least 12 lives, including two children.
The city of Varna reported 10 victims and the city of Dobrich 2, with 3 people still missing, according to Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev.
- » Sofia, Athens Continue Exchange on Issues, Related to Future of EU and Migration
- » Angela Merkel Stands for Bulgaria in Front of the European Commission
- » Minister Ekaterina Zaharieva Takes Part In Rhodes Conference for Security and Stability
- » Bulgaria is the Country with the Most Road Traffic Deaths
- » A Ministry for Bulgaria's Presidency of The Council of the EU Will Start Work on June 2nd
- » Secretary General Commends Bulgaria’s Contributions to NATO