Torrential Rains Ravage Bulgaria's Burgas, Lovech, Yambol Regions
The torrential rains in Bulgaria's Black Sea Burgas region have flooded third class roads, buildings and agricultural areas, Friday.
The levels of the Osam river in the northern Bulgarian cities of Lovech and Troyan have doubled in the last day, however reservoirs in the region are still operating normally, Bulgarian National Radio informs.
Several reservoirs in the Southeastern Yambol region are overflowing, but the spillage collection facilities are operational and there is no risk of dike breaking. The emergency crews are in a state of continuous readiness in all 5 municipalities. The rainfalls on Friday are expected to reach 60 liters per square meter.
The water in the Koprinka reservoir, in central Stara Zagora region is being drained to avoid overflowing.
- » After the Earthquakes in Mexico, a Volcano Erupted
- » NIMH: Cold Weather with Temperatures of up to 18-23°, in Sofia Around 18°
- » Astronomical Autumn Arrives in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality is Planting a New Forest
- » Decreased Air Pollution in Bulgaria, but Still far from the Standards of Cleanliness
- » Authorities in Bali Have Raised Alert Levels for a Volcanic Eruption