Torrential Rains Ravage Bulgaria's Burgas, Lovech, Yambol Regions
The torrential rains in Bulgaria's Black Sea Burgas region have flooded third class roads, buildings and agricultural areas, Friday.
The levels of the Osam river in the northern Bulgarian cities of Lovech and Troyan have doubled in the last day, however reservoirs in the region are still operating normally, Bulgarian National Radio informs.
Several reservoirs in the Southeastern Yambol region are overflowing, but the spillage collection facilities are operational and there is no risk of dike breaking. The emergency crews are in a state of continuous readiness in all 5 municipalities. The rainfalls on Friday are expected to reach 60 liters per square meter.
The water in the Koprinka reservoir, in central Stara Zagora region is being drained to avoid overflowing.
- » The Municipality of Sofia will Regulate the Quality of the Fuels for Domestic Combustion
- » These are the Most Polluted Cities in Bulgaria
- » Agung Volcano in Bali Threatens to Erupt
- » NIMH: Mostly Cloudy Over Bulgaria, Almost no Rains
- » Snow Blocks the Turkish Capital
- » NIMH: Changing Clouds Over Bulgaria Today, no Significant Rains