Torrential Rains Ravage Bulgaria's Burgas, Lovech, Yambol Regions
The torrential rains in Bulgaria's Black Sea Burgas region have flooded third class roads, buildings and agricultural areas, Friday.
The levels of the Osam river in the northern Bulgarian cities of Lovech and Troyan have doubled in the last day, however reservoirs in the region are still operating normally, Bulgarian National Radio informs.
Several reservoirs in the Southeastern Yambol region are overflowing, but the spillage collection facilities are operational and there is no risk of dike breaking. The emergency crews are in a state of continuous readiness in all 5 municipalities. The rainfalls on Friday are expected to reach 60 liters per square meter.
The water in the Koprinka reservoir, in central Stara Zagora region is being drained to avoid overflowing.
- » Bulgarian Village of Belozem Declares State of Emergency
- » Bulgarian Authorities Issue Red Code Over Heavy Rain, Strong Winds in Burgas
- » 15 Districts in Bulgaria under ‘Code Yellow’ Weather Alert over Heavy Rain
- » Last Circus Lions in Bulgaria Leave for South Africa
- » Bulgaria Orders Montupet to Halt Aluminium Casting Unit over Suspected Air Pollution
- » Sofia’s MBT Waste Processing Plant to Start Operating Monday