Torrential Rains Ravage Bulgaria's Burgas, Lovech, Yambol Regions
The torrential rains in Bulgaria's Black Sea Burgas region have flooded third class roads, buildings and agricultural areas, Friday.
The levels of the Osam river in the northern Bulgarian cities of Lovech and Troyan have doubled in the last day, however reservoirs in the region are still operating normally, Bulgarian National Radio informs.
Several reservoirs in the Southeastern Yambol region are overflowing, but the spillage collection facilities are operational and there is no risk of dike breaking. The emergency crews are in a state of continuous readiness in all 5 municipalities. The rainfalls on Friday are expected to reach 60 liters per square meter.
The water in the Koprinka reservoir, in central Stara Zagora region is being drained to avoid overflowing.
- » Abundant Rainfall Causes Flooding in Bulgaria's Kazanlak
- » Earthquake near Sandanski Jolts Southwestern Bulgaria
- » Heavy Rains, Thunderstorms Expected in Western Bulgaria on Friday
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Issues Rain, Thunderstorm Warning
- » Divers Get 1 T of Waste Out of Waters Near St Anastasia Island
- » State of Emergency Declared in Bulgaria’s Northwest Due to Overflowing Dams