Torrential Rains Ravage Bulgaria's Burgas, Lovech, Yambol Regions
The torrential rains in Bulgaria's Black Sea Burgas region have flooded third class roads, buildings and agricultural areas, Friday.
The levels of the Osam river in the northern Bulgarian cities of Lovech and Troyan have doubled in the last day, however reservoirs in the region are still operating normally, Bulgarian National Radio informs.
Several reservoirs in the Southeastern Yambol region are overflowing, but the spillage collection facilities are operational and there is no risk of dike breaking. The emergency crews are in a state of continuous readiness in all 5 municipalities. The rainfalls on Friday are expected to reach 60 liters per square meter.
The water in the Koprinka reservoir, in central Stara Zagora region is being drained to avoid overflowing.
- » Code Orange Weather Alert for 8 Districts in Bulgaria
- » Officials Resort to Artificial Rain to Tackle Raging Wildfires in Siberia
- » Small Village near Karnobat has been Evacuated Due to Fire
- » Rains in the Country Today, Temperatures Will Continue to Decrease
- » NIMH: Mostly Sunny Today, Clouds Will Develop Around Noon
- » NIMH: Rains Expected, Thunders and Hails are Possible