Nationwide Campaign Raises over BGN 120 000 for Flood-hit NE Bulgaria
A nationwide campaign has raised over BGN 120 000 for the victims of the floods in northeastern Bulgaria within hours.
The heavy rain which hit the region on Thursday claimed 12 lives, including 10 in Varna and 2 in Dobrich, with three people still missing, according to Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev.
In a Friday interview for the Bulgarian National Radio, Elitsa Barakova from the "Aid for Charity in Bulgaria Foundation" informed that the money raised through sms donations containing the text "DMS VARNA" to the short code 17 777 would be used to aid all flood-hit areas in the country.
She announced that a total of over BGN 120 000 had been collected by 1 pm on Friday, including BGN 115 000 through text message donations.
She said that donations were also received through a bank account.
Barakova also made clear that the "Aid for Charity in Bulgaria Foundation" was working together with the Bulgarian Red Cross to cover initial needs which arose after the disaster.
She pointed out that the purposes of the donations would change flexibly depending on the needs.
Short code 1466 for all mobile operators is also receiving sms donations, according to BNR.
The price of a short text message "DMS VARNA" to short code 17 777 is BGN 1 and they are VAT-free.
The Bulgarian Red Cross has opened a special bank account for the victims of the floods in northeastern Bulgaria at:
Unicredit Bulbank AD
- » Artificial Intelligence Translates the Language of Chickens
- » An Art Map Will Replace Vitoshka's Fountain
- » Scientists Discovered Fossils from a Giant Penguin in New Zealand
- » The State is Taking Measures About the Export of Medicines
- » What did Bulgarians Searched on Google the Most in 2017
- » A Fallen Window from an American Helicopter Injured a Child in a Japanese School