Romania Ready to Send Equipment to Flood-Damaged Bulgaria
Romania is ready to provide teams and equipment to the flood-hit areas in Bulgaria, the state secretary at the Romanian Transport Ministry Iulian Matache announced.
Varna Airport has provided pumps to be used for draining the Asparuhovo district. The Port of Varna has also sent equipment and teams to the residential district that was hit by torrential rain and heavy floods, Bulgaria's Ministry of Transport informs.
The National Railway Infrastructure Company emergency teams are in a state of continuous readiness. The company is prepared for coordinated actions with the civil protection teams to help injured people and flooded settlements.
The ports of Burgas and Varna are operating normally. Varna's access channel is closed for vessels. Currently the Maritime Administration Agency is inspecting the channel for fallen cars washed away by floods and has created the necessary arrangements for securing it.
- » Contaminated Air has a Detrimental Effect on Adolescent Psyche
- » Fourth Quarter in the Capital Protests Against the Air Pollution
- » NIMH: Mostly Sunny with Maximum Temperatures of 13-18°C
- » 150 New Trees were Planted in the Lauta Park in Plovdiv
- » Scientists Found Microorganisms in Antarctica that were Thought to be Unable to Live on Earth
- » NIMH: Sunny Weather with Maximum Temperatures of 10-15°C