Romania Ready to Send Equipment to Flood-Damaged Bulgaria
Romania is ready to provide teams and equipment to the flood-hit areas in Bulgaria, the state secretary at the Romanian Transport Ministry Iulian Matache announced.
Varna Airport has provided pumps to be used for draining the Asparuhovo district. The Port of Varna has also sent equipment and teams to the residential district that was hit by torrential rain and heavy floods, Bulgaria's Ministry of Transport informs.
The National Railway Infrastructure Company emergency teams are in a state of continuous readiness. The company is prepared for coordinated actions with the civil protection teams to help injured people and flooded settlements.
The ports of Burgas and Varna are operating normally. Varna's access channel is closed for vessels. Currently the Maritime Administration Agency is inspecting the channel for fallen cars washed away by floods and has created the necessary arrangements for securing it.
- » Storm in Karnobat, Southeastern Bulgaria: Streets and Houses in Water!
- » A Spectacular Tornado Hit West Germany!
- » EU Suing France, UK and Germany over Air Pollution Levels
- » Sun, Rain and Thunder, Hail ... The Weather for Today
- » 15 Minutes Hail and Disaster in Byala Slatina, Northwestern Bulgaria
- » Life on a volcano: Volcanic Eruptions in Hawaii Have Intensified (VIDEO)