Romania Ready to Send Equipment to Flood-Damaged Bulgaria
Romania is ready to provide teams and equipment to the flood-hit areas in Bulgaria, the state secretary at the Romanian Transport Ministry Iulian Matache announced.
Varna Airport has provided pumps to be used for draining the Asparuhovo district. The Port of Varna has also sent equipment and teams to the residential district that was hit by torrential rain and heavy floods, Bulgaria's Ministry of Transport informs.
The National Railway Infrastructure Company emergency teams are in a state of continuous readiness. The company is prepared for coordinated actions with the civil protection teams to help injured people and flooded settlements.
The ports of Burgas and Varna are operating normally. Varna's access channel is closed for vessels. Currently the Maritime Administration Agency is inspecting the channel for fallen cars washed away by floods and has created the necessary arrangements for securing it.
- » Bulgaria to Have Another Sunny Summer Day on Friday
- » Bulgaria, Germany Sign Agreement on Implementing Innovative Environmental Projects
- » Black Sea Coast Nature Conservation Has Overwhelming Support among Bulgarians - Survey
- » Most of Bulgaria under Alert for Hot Weather on Monday
- » 3.1-Magnitude Earthquake Rocks Bulgaria’s Petrich
- » Torrential Rain, Overflowing Rivers Flood Houses, Roads Across Bulgaria