Emergency Teams, Volunteers Prepared for Floods – Sofia Mayor
Teams of Sofia Municipality in Dolni Bogrov are monitoring the Lesnovska river that overflowed in 2005, Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova told reporters.
"Currently, the river levels are increasing. Moreover, some of the reservoirs such as Ivanyane dam are being drained. We have information that Ognyanovo reservoir, which is outside the territory of Sofia Municipality, but directly affects the Lesnovska river is also drained," Fandakova told Focus news.
Last year, teams of the Security Directorate have been organized, who are now ready to respond to emergencies together with a unit of volunteers, who are also currently being mobilized, Sofia mayor said.
- » 4-Magnitude Earthquake in Greece Felt in Bulgaria
- » Decreasing Water Levels Hamper Sailing on Danube Near Bulgaria's Belene
- » Bulgarian Customs Prevent Smuggling of 10 African Grey Parrots
- » Wildfire Near Bulgaria's Harmanli Continues to Rage for Third Day
- » Wildfire Rages for Second Day Near Bulgaria's Harmanli
- » 3-Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southwestern Bulgaria