Emergency Teams, Volunteers Prepared for Floods – Sofia Mayor
Teams of Sofia Municipality in Dolni Bogrov are monitoring the Lesnovska river that overflowed in 2005, Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova told reporters.
"Currently, the river levels are increasing. Moreover, some of the reservoirs such as Ivanyane dam are being drained. We have information that Ognyanovo reservoir, which is outside the territory of Sofia Municipality, but directly affects the Lesnovska river is also drained," Fandakova told Focus news.
Last year, teams of the Security Directorate have been organized, who are now ready to respond to emergencies together with a unit of volunteers, who are also currently being mobilized, Sofia mayor said.
- » Up to 200 out of 700 Houses in Flood-Hit Mizia Are Still Inhabitable
- » 5.1 Earthquake Hits Greek Chalkidiki Peninsula
- » Minor 2.9-Magnitude Earthquake Registered West of Bulgaria's Smolyan
- » WWF Launches River Conservation Campaign in Bulgaria
- » Minor 2.4-Magnitude Earthquake Reported in Southern Bulgaria
- » Brightest Supermoon in 2 Decades to Be Observed Sunday