Emergency Teams, Volunteers Prepared for Floods – Sofia Mayor
Teams of Sofia Municipality in Dolni Bogrov are monitoring the Lesnovska river that overflowed in 2005, Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova told reporters.
"Currently, the river levels are increasing. Moreover, some of the reservoirs such as Ivanyane dam are being drained. We have information that Ognyanovo reservoir, which is outside the territory of Sofia Municipality, but directly affects the Lesnovska river is also drained," Fandakova told Focus news.
Last year, teams of the Security Directorate have been organized, who are now ready to respond to emergencies together with a unit of volunteers, who are also currently being mobilized, Sofia mayor said.
- » Heavy Rain, Expected in Bulgaria on Tuesday, Hail Possible
- » Bulgaria MPs Revoke Beach Camping Ban in 2nd Reading
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Strong Wind Throughout Bulgaria
- » Code Yellow in Northern Bulgaria over Gale-Force Winds
- » Bulgaria's MPs Revoke Ban on Beach Camping
- » Lukoil Bulgaria Refinery to Get Fined over Air Pollution